HR Experts

wykikitoon

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The gaffers had me and the dept manager in on Monday to find out what kicked off.  We told them.  They know all the other shite but seemingly don't want to do anything about it. They said it wasn't a gross misconduct thing about the kid saying shit like he's gonna shoot people, as apparently it was said in jest.

Main gaffer know's I am beyond fucked off with the clowns.  He said he didn't really know what to do with them not performing.  I just laughed.  If one of your main workers is fucked off and telling you the SP in your office, you do everything to make that a priority.  he said he would get the nutter in for a chat and then get the others in and tell them to pull their fingers out.  That's not happened yet.  So basically, he cannot see it as an issue.  If he knows he cannot come up with a solution, he needs to employ someone who can.

One of the clowns had almost a 2.5h lunch yesterday, came back into the office and one of the lads was laughing asking where he had been, his reply and I am not shitting.

'Fuck me, I took the dog for a walk, sat down with my lunch and started watching a film, then I suddenly realised I needed to be back at work'

He then laughed and just walked back to his desk.  Zero shits given :lol:

I like the sounds of this place. I take it their will be a vacancy soon? Hopefully they're as lax at vetting applications as they are on time keeping.  :razz:

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Oh aye, it is when you're not the one getting the phone calls asking WTF XYZ hasn't been sent to site yet, or when you goto meetings and get a royal fucking.

If you were out walking your dog like everyone else, these wouldnt be an issue

• Haha 3

The detective inspector eventually got on to Wykiki having something to do with the missing admin girls was when he noticed Wykiki's lawn had rectangular patches of freshly dug up soil all about 6" long.

• Haha 3

Dear Diary

Found out this afternoon when I got in from a site meeting, that ToryBoy went mental at the main gaffer last night because he questioned him on why he has booked all day to a site meeting.  Apparently ToryBoy has now got a disciplinary due to his behaviour.  ToryBoy has told his Smoggie bum chum mate that he is going to take legal action.

Diary, why does ToryBoy have such an inflated opinion of himself?  is it because he's a Tory?

yours until next time

Wykiki 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Dearest Brenda

Found out this afternoon when I got in from a site meeting in Dusseldorf, that Oz went mental at the main gaffer last night because he questioned him on why he was having fun, been drinking schnapps in the sun and living alright? Apparently Oz has now got a disciplinary due to his behaviour.  Barry has told his Scouse bum chum mate Moxey that he is going to take legal action on not having appropriate motorcycle parking spaces.

Brenda, why does Dusseldorf have such an abundance of disposable admin girls? Is it because God wants me to berate them, enjoy them then dispose of them? Oh, in other news, Lotte the admin girl has been missing for over a week now.

yours until next time,

Your darling Neville 'Wykiki' Hope

Great start to your diary, mate. :good:

• Haha 6

Dearest Brenda

I put my notice into Herr Ulrich this morning.  Man, the gadge was stunned like.  Bit like when Phillipe Albert chipped Peter Scmeichel in the 5-0 smashing at St James', canny night that like.  He said I was a key brick layer like and would anything change me mind.  I tried explaining to him, the Turks he has working for him aren't upto scratch.  I told him, all I want them to do is turn up for graft and do a days graft like Wor Gang.  Not to be leaving for pack up and taking 2.5h man and then leaving early like they did yesterday and then I'm gan to meeting's and getting stick.  How's that fair like when I'm laying loads more bricks?  Ullrich looked a bit stunned like.

He's asked me to consider it over the weekend, but honestly Brenda, what's gan change?  There needs to be some proper personnel changes, like people off the site, but I cannie see Ullrich doing that.   He even said that there's nee possibility for gross misconduct for that looney.

Anyway's Brenda, I best gan, it's Friday like and Ullrich's has asked if I wanna go for a pint at lunch.

Yours until the next convenient moment

*as a side note Herr Ullrich was actually from Harrogate :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Dearest Brenda

Well, It's been a bad week like.  Went into work Monday after coughing up blood on the morning.  Almost collapsed at work, so called the docs like.  Managed to get an emergency appointment.  Checked me over and then said he thought the blood maybe from coughing or me nose.  Gave me some antibiotics and told me to rest up.  Felt awful Tuesday so called Herr ullrich who was canny and told me to just get better.  Anyways, problem is a couple of brickies are off on a Tuesday as their serving their apprenticeship and goto college and one is off on holiday.  Tuesday night the illness Moxy gave me, I ended up in A&E and had a chest xray.  Mild blinking pneumonia like.  Spoke to the gaffer Weds morning who was gutted for us.

Anyways, Thursday and this morning, my line manager, Herr Grunwald is suddenly Ally Fraser!  Phoning Wor up at 7:30 asking if I am coming in as they're snowed under.  Funny how they never do that to the other brickies?  Is it suddenly sinking in who does most of the brick laying eh?

Yours until the next convenient moment

• 2 months later...

A mate of mine started at a company last year.  It's a new office of a long established company who work in York and Hull.  They opened a Leeds office.  There's 4 of them.  Ever since he started he's never had anything substantial to get his teeth into.  About December time we were chatting and he asked if I knew a lad who worked at a company I did.  I did know him, he's a sound lad.  Anyways, he was in his office for an interview.  I asked if worked had picked up and he said no and didn't have a clue why they were interviewing him as there wasn't the work for him.

Anyway, Feb my mate is told this kid has accepted the offer and will start in mid May.  My mate was baffled as the work wasn't there for 2 of them to do it.  So he asked about the workload to which his gaffer said he had  afew things in.

Anyways, the Corona shite kicked off and this kid is out of a job now.

My mate is working from home and is still not full out.  Anyways he got a phone call yesterday and got asked if he would mind being furloughed so they could get this kid started :lol:  Fuck me.  Is that even legal?  Anyways my mate in no short words told him to fuck off.

45 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A mate of mine started at a company last year.  It's a new office of a long established company who work in York and Hull.  They opened a Leeds office.  There's 4 of them.  Ever since he started he's never had anything substantial to get his teeth into.  About December time we were chatting and he asked if I knew a lad who worked at a company I did.  I did know him, he's a sound lad.  Anyways, he was in his office for an interview.  I asked if worked had picked up and he said no and didn't have a clue why they were interviewing him as there wasn't the work for him.

Anyway, Feb my mate is told this kid has accepted the offer and will start in mid May.  My mate was baffled as the work wasn't there for 2 of them to do it.  So he asked about the workload to which his gaffer said he had  afew things in.

Anyways, the Corona shite kicked off and this kid is out of a job now.

My mate is working from home and is still not full out.  Anyways he got a phone call yesterday and got asked if he would mind being furloughed so they could get this kid started :lol:  Fuck me.  Is that even legal?  Anyways my mate in no short words told him to fuck off.

The company will not be able to claim furlough leave for the lad who just started as you have to be employed by the company on the 19th march 2020

So what they're trying maybe is a legal way of getting around it, but definitely morally wrong.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-you-could-be-covered-by-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme

"Any employer with a UK payroll and a UK bank account will be able to claim, but you must have been employed on 19 March 2020 and on your employer’s PAYE payroll on or before 19 March 2020. This means your employer must have made a Real Time Information (RTI) submission notifying payment in respect of you to HMRC on or before 19 March 2020."

Edited by Tdansmith

Oh aye I know he wont be able to be furloughed.

It's fucking wrong in all ways.  What happens if they furlough him and then set the new lad on and work still doesn't pick up.  He's setting himself up to be binned.

Fuck that

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Oh aye I know he wont be able to be furloughed.

It's fucking wrong in all ways.  What happens if they furlough him and then set the new lad on and work still doesn't pick up.  He's setting himself up to be binned.

Fuck that

I'd suggest he joins a trade union asap if he's not already in one.

If he was made redundant a union would raise this point during the consultation period, the government would find out how they abused the Job Retention Scheme.

They'd be in the shit IMO.

Edited by Tdansmith