HR Experts

wykikitoon

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He's speaking with the main director in the main office Monday I think. I don't they're aware of the proposal.

Tell him to be careful about refusing to go on furlough...

"If you do not want to go on furlough

If your employer asks you to go on furlough and you refuse you may be at risk of redundancy or termination of employment, depending on the circumstances of your employer. However, this must be in line with normal redundancy rules and protections."

He can’t be made redundant as they’re taking someone else to perform the same role as him.

They also can’t furlough your mate as the grounds for claiming furlough are that the company has been economically harmed and there’s no work for the furloughed employee. Again, they can’t claim that then start someone else.

• Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

How can they make him go on Furlough to bring in a new member of staff?  it's fucking nuts.

They could get around it by changing the new fellas job discription.

12 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye, he's Fred Dibnah's grandson. :good:

I was going to try and shoehorn in something about Alexander Shulgin but that’ll do 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Only me!

Question for my brother this time.

He has gone to 4 day weeks and think's his holidays have been caclulated wrongly. They don't have a HR dept as it's a small company.

His office does 37.5h weeks and he is doing 32h in 4 days. So 8h days rather than 7.5.  He has been told he gets 20 days holiday. But he also wants to know what happens to his Bank Holidays too as he is taking Monday's off.

Done some digging on the Gov website and it says more days holidays and he is entitled to his BH but pro rata. 

Anyone got a better idea?  The Gov website basically does it as if he is doing standard days which he isn't really.

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If he's already off on Mondays, I'm pretty sure he just loses those bank holidays. 

You haven't told us what holiday allowance a person working normal hours gets. 

He's apparently entitled to the bank holidays prorata according to several sites I have read.

Standard is 25 days.

Yeah, most big places calculate BH pro rata. I would guess that should be 32/37.5 x 8 = about 7 days BH. Or in total 32/37.5 x 33 = about 28 days in total (obviously he will need to take the BH from this).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

How does it feel like to have a fucking part timer as a brother. You must be absolutely fuming about this?! I hope you brought it up at Christmas dinner. 

I cant say much, it was me that started it :lol: He is doing the same as me :lol: 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Only me!

Question for my brother this time.

He has gone to 4 day weeks and think's his holidays have been caclulated wrongly. They don't have a HR dept as it's a small company.

His office does 37.5h weeks and he is doing 32h in 4 days. So 8h days rather than 7.5.  He has been told he gets 20 days holiday. But he also wants to know what happens to his Bank Holidays too as he is taking Monday's off.

Done some digging on the Gov website and it says more days holidays and he is entitled to his BH but pro rata. 

Anyone got a better idea?  The Gov website basically does it as if he is doing standard days which he isn't really.

Twenty days holiday is the statutory minimum through law, BHs would be added pro-rata if he doesn't do Monday's as they are statutory also. If he's only doing 32 hours weeks he'll get the twenty days pro-rated as well. So 28 days if he did a standard week I'd guess or slightly under for a 32 hour week. (Twenty days entitlement is fucking diabolical IMO, fucking greedy bastards). 

• Like 2

Mrs Fish has just successfully implemented unlimited annual leave at her place, or "Time well taken" as they're calling it. Lucky bassers

We get 1 day a month without meetings, or expectations to do any work called "spirit of you" days. Ostensibly they're there for mental well-being, or development, or any training you want to do or whatever. Literally everybody has been using them for boring life-admin shit, or a free day off to tack onto your annual leave holiday. :lol:

25 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Mrs Fish has just successfully implemented unlimited annual leave at her place, or "Time well taken" as they're calling it. Lucky bassers

We get 1 day a month without meetings, or expectations to do any work called "spirit of you" days. Ostensibly they're there for mental well-being, or development, or any training you want to do or whatever. Literally everybody has been using them for boring life-admin shit, or a free day off to tack onto your annual leave holiday. :lol:

I can't laugh, I pulled a muscle at work last week, aggravated it badly on my days off and even days later it's like someone has digged me in the kidney area. I was off on the sick for two days, (first time throughout the pandemic including no covid or isolations). I initially suggested going back in tomorrow doing something else not as strenuous but they're that desperate for my skills they've given me my own slave to do all the humping whilst I just get to concentrate on the technical stuff. Anyway, just wondering if any of you gimps has any whips handy? (Yes, I'm looking at you, Bilbo Fist). 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d come in to work, stone faced, until they sacked this bollocks name and just called it a day off. :lol:

I'm on a spirit of days, day today. Back in tomorrow. Next spirit of days occasion after today will be the weekend. :lol:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d come in to work, stone faced, until they sacked this bollocks name and just called it a day off. :lol:

They can call it whatever they like as long as it means I can get some time alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1