HR Experts

wykikitoon

On 13/06/2018 at 12:08, ewerk said:

I knew exactly who the OP would be when I saw the thread title. :lol: 

The OPs name is directly underneath the thread title on every thread, you're a fucking genius.

Our industry has shortage of senior people. When the recession hit last time nobody wanted to come in as we're usually the first hit. We've never really recovered from that. 

I have my feelers out. He can continue paying nippers fucking peanuts. But you know the saying, pay peanuts get monkeys. Kids have zero fucking interest in the job at all. 

The day off is a mixture of having a long rest at the weekend and wanting to speed time with my nephew. After my seizures earlier this year it shook me up a bit.  He's not even taken in account any of that and just dismissed it. 

Are you in a union mate? If not join one and contact them, your health issues should be more than enough I wouldn’t even mention spending time with your nephew.

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Our industry has shortage of senior people. When the recession hit last time nobody wanted to come in as we're usually the first hit. We've never really recovered from that. 

I have my feelers out. He can continue paying nippers fucking peanuts. But you know the saying, pay peanuts get monkeys. Kids have zero fucking interest in the job at all. 

The day off is a mixture of having a long rest at the weekend and wanting to speed time with my nephew. After my seizures earlier this year it shook me up a bit.  He's not even taken in account any of that and just dismissed it. 

Can't believe anyone is criticising you for this mate. Your health (physical and mental)  is the most important thing, and safeguarding that is also important for your company.

Alex mentioned the NHS. Each trust is probably different but imo employee welfare is not top of their agenda. I know a colleague who had a serious heart condition which he received surgery for at the trust he worked for. Didn't stop the trust dragging him over the coals for his attendance record. 

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Are you in a union mate? If not join one and contact them, your health issues should be more than enough I wouldn’t even mention spending time with your nephew.

Good advice to join a Union, Unite are the biggest in the UK.

The ACAS website is also a very good site for advice 

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1390

Mental Heath advice off ACAS

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1900

• 1 month later...

An update. 

We have just taken someone on and guess what..........they're doing 4 day weeks :lol:

Had an interview last week so fingers crossed I can take a massive shit on the desk of the cunt who owns this place.  We won a massive job on the premise we would have full capacity on it.  That was 3 weeks ago and nobody has had time to work on it.  Would fucking love them to get thrown off the job and this cunt be shafted.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a letter through the door on Saturday morning from work informing me I'll only get statuary sick pay for the next 6 months due to my sickness levels over the last 5 years. I was last off sick in November last year. I've seven days to appeal but by a coincidence am on night shift next week and am off the week after. :lol: just when things settle down a bit they start chucking their knives again. In normal circumstances they would've tried this in December or January and I'd have probably accepted it. They can fuck right off now, though. The amount of money wasted at my work on people with genuine bullshit jobs and they continually go after the shop floor, the only genuine 'producers'. Most people detest the place and they wonder why? :lol:

Just put an appeal in writing and pass it on to the most senior person on shift with you on nights. My old place was very much the same, treating the shop floor with contempt, like second class citizens. How long have you been there and what's tying you to it? If you win the appeal, immediately go on long-term sick and look for a new job ;) My place has just switched to a cushy continental-type shift pattern and is taking on. Might be a bit of a commute for you though.

30 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Just put an appeal in writing and pass it on to the most senior person on shift with you on nights. My old place was very much the same, treating the shop floor with contempt, like second class citizens. How long have you been there and what's tying you to it? If you win the appeal, immediately go on long-term sick and look for a new job ;) My place has just switched to a cushy continental-type shift pattern and is taking on. Might be a bit of a commute for you though.

I'll write it up tomorrow and post it to the factory manager. A new mortgage is tying me to the place and a shift pattern that has me off every weekend as well as Fri. I can't be arsed to jump out of the frying pan into the fire, if I'm going to voluntary leave it would have to be something different and therein lies the problem. :lol: (otherwise I'd be gone a few years ago.) Plus I get the feeling redundancy might be on the cards in the next couple of years and the package is decent so I'd rather leave with a few grand in my pocket. Saying all that, you could always pm me any details and I'll see if it's worth looking into? :good:

I was off work last week for 2 days due to a chronic relapsing condition I have. I just covered it with annual leave. Was better to forego 2 days holiday lying ill in bed than face a mandatory interview with the HR department and probably a verbal warning (for being sick on more than 3 occasions in 18 months). I'm short on a/l now though, if I relapse again I'm knackered. 

It's crazy like. It's shit having illnesses which prevent you from leaving the house, let alone working. And HR make sure you feel even worse about yourself. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I was off work last week for 2 days due to a chronic relapsing condition I have. I just covered it with annual leave. Was better to forego 2 days holiday lying ill in bed than face a mandatory interview with the HR department and probably a verbal warning (for being sick on more than 3 occasions in 18 months). I'm short on a/l now though, if I relapse again I'm knackered. 

It's crazy like. It's shit having illnesses which prevent you from leaving the house, let alone working. And HR make sure you feel even worse about yourself. 

What a gang of cunts.  Not you lot, well you lot too, but mostly these blood-sucking companies.  

1 hour ago, Renton said:

People have done this before but if you offer to take holiday entitlement they'll refuse you and force to put it down as a sickie instead. One lad was basically forced into taking an early pension if he didn't kick up a fuss after being peddled for that exact scenario. Cunts.

• 3 months later...

Fuck me, what a laugh this fucking place is.

They (when I say they I mean the receptionist / admin lass) have sent out numerous emails about dress code.

It's the same fucking three taking the piss, why no just sit down as a gaffer and speak to them and give them a fucking warning.  They would soon buck their ideas up.  One of the cunts comes dressed like shes been thrown up out of a SportDirect shop FFS chav cunt.

• Haha 2

• 8 months later...

Itssss meeee again. 

Anyways. A new one. Lad who I work with has had a lot of time off recently as his nipper is ill. She keeps getting throat infections etc. Anyways I've only been here since Jan and he seems a genuine guy. Poor lad seems exhausted with her issues. She's only 2 or summit. 

Anyways gaffer has been on his hols and I've been covering for him. He comes back yesterday I'm sitting with him today and getting him upto speed. He asks about work that's not gone out. I mentioned a couple of jobs and told him why. I.e this kid is behind because his young un is ill. He is a sound boss but he also has to run a business. I've been helping this lad out so he isn't too far behind but I've got my own deadlines etc. 

Where the fuck do you start with this? The bloke cannot just leave his nipper can he but he also has a commitment to work. In the last two weeks he's left work 4 times to go sort stuff out with her etc and now work isn't going out as a result of it. 

We had a lad off with gout the other week. Reckoned he couldn't even get a work boot on.

On the second day of his absence our boss put a few hours holiday in because his kid had a school prom, he'd hired a sports car to chauffeur him in. Anyway he drives past a pub in town and sees the absentee stood with a motorbike gang supping a pint. Took a sneaky photo and when he returned to work the week after the lad was adamant he hadn't left the house all week. Someone else said to him about how nice the weather had been on Saturday and he said he was just sat in the garden in sliders because he couldn't get a shoe on, but there was already a video going around of him dancing at a rave on the same night. 

There was a few redundancies a couple of weeks ago(cheers ct). Needless to say he's gone :lol:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Itssss meeee again. 

Anyways. A new one. Lad who I work with has had a lot of time off recently as his nipper is ill. She keeps getting throat infections etc. Anyways I've only been here since Jan and he seems a genuine guy. Poor lad seems exhausted with her issues. She's only 2 or summit. 

Anyways gaffer has been on his hols and I've been covering for him. He comes back yesterday I'm sitting with him today and getting him upto speed. He asks about work that's not gone out. I mentioned a couple of jobs and told him why. I.e this kid is behind because his young un is ill. He is a sound boss but he also has to run a business. I've been helping this lad out so he isn't too far behind but I've got my own deadlines etc. 

Where the fuck do you start with this? The bloke cannot just leave his nipper can he but he also has a commitment to work. In the last two weeks he's left work 4 times to go sort stuff out with her etc and now work isn't going out as a result of it. 

So he's gone home a handful of times and work isn't going out? How do you cope when someone's on holiday etc?  Think you've just got to suck it up and be better prepared 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

So he's gone home a handful of times and work isn't going out? How do you cope when someone's on holiday etc?  Think you've just got to suck it up and be better prepared 

With holiday it's organised and work can be distributed first. I think this has just dropped a few jobs in the shit as its prime holiday season too and a few are off. 

The lad has worked at the place the longest and Im sure the gaffer knows its not bull shit like you're man.  He is also a grafter and I think (and hope) he does cut the lad some slack like. 

I spoke with the gaffer and said we will just have to speak to clients and be honest and manage their expectations at the end of the day. 

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

You're gonna have to work a double shift to cover, wykiki. Chop chop lazy cunt. 

:lol:

I already do well over my hours!

Poor lad had his kid in hospital overnight.  They know whats wrong with her its getting the procedure sorted!  

19 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

With holiday it's organised and work can be distributed first. I think this has just dropped a few jobs in the shit as its prime holiday season too and a few are off. 

The lad has worked at the place the longest and Im sure the gaffer knows its not bull shit like you're man.  He is also a grafter and I think (and hope) he does cut the lad some slack like. 

I spoke with the gaffer and said we will just have to speak to clients and be honest and manage their expectations at the end of the day. 

As they say in Warsaw, 'tuff shitski'. Family comes 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th. Sounds to me like your place has a lack of employees to cover which is of their own making, no doubt. Fuck'em.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A lad at work was down in Cambridge last week after the flooding.  His train was delayed coming back and he didn't get home until 10pm on Friday evening.

He wants his time back (normal day is 7.5h day, he did 13 that day).  Surly he's entitled to that back?  Or at least some of it?  Another kid is moaning saying he's taking the piss.