booze

Dr Gloom

Are you a fanny? Yes. Is it an issue? Yes. Is it so serious that it may cost you your job and family? Probably not. Am I going to continue answering my own questions in this increasingly annoying fashion? Absolutely.

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Whoah, thanks for sharing @adios 

I do feel like a bit of a fanny after reading that. Was it plain quite early on that you had a problem? Did you find you were in denial for long or did you always know you had a problem? What is life on the wagon like? 

I never thought I had an issue with booze until quite recently. It hasn’t been a case of blacking out on a weekly basis, mainly because I don’t tend to go out that often. I’ll never get close to that state when I’m out with the wifey or other groups of friends. It’s more of a pub mentality when I’m out on my own. Feel like I have the opportunity to regress into my 20s. I’m trying to put it down as a textbook midlife crisis - trying to get as much partying out of my system while I’m still (almost) young enough to get away with it.

I’ve always enjoyed drinking but I’ve probably had half a dozen nights since the turn of the year where I feel like I lost control, which was never really the case in the past. 

I thinking removing myself from those types of nights in the short term might be a good starting point. 

Have you considered that you might be Teen Wolf?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, adios said:

I think I've mostly been honest with myself about it being a problem, though I spent a long time trying to "manage" it which may not have been as honest.

The wagon isn't that bad tbh.  I've avoided venturing out to the pub so far (kind of a pain in Ireland) but I won't do what I did last time and sit watching my friends getting gradually less intelligent and uninteresting while they gain confidence of the opposite, all the while craving a drink so I can relax.

I'm toying with the idea of a maintenance dose of molly for nights out because what could go wrong with that? 

As much as we rip the piss, you should never feel like a fanny for addressing an issue like this, you fanny.

Every time i see your avatar i'm reminded that you are an alcoholic 

I never would have thought you had a drink problem reading most of your posts, i just thought you were a witty bloke with a good sense of humour 

i hope you stay dry  

9 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

What Adios hasn't mentioned is that he continues to be a fucker for smack

:lol: I hinted at it tbf.

9 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

I never would have thought you had a drink problem reading most of your posts, i just thought you were a witty bloke with a good sense of humour 

i hope you stay dry  

I didn't realise they were mutually exclusive. :razz:

Cheers though.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

The ‘Asprilla’s Foreskin’ day’s were fun.

His time here had an interesting trajectory.

Did he end up leaving quietly or did he go out with a bang?

13 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

i hope you stay dry  

I hope you do. 3 notifications when I logged in there of you quoting my posts 13 hours ago. 2 of them now deleted

• Haha 1