Lets have your thoughts then...

Toonraider

....on todays performance/atmosphere and whatever else you'd like to share :doubleact: For us that couldnt be there :suicide:

Judging by reports it sounded like SJP was rocking!! But i know reporters often get carried away and dramatise everything, i heard Emre was quality today and the team played some nice football, or were Pompey just shite? :o

smashing day,

Team Huddle :doubleact:

We played the ball on the ground

We croseded the ball into the box more times in the first half than the rest of the season put together

Everyone around me joined in the singing

Standing ovasion as the team left the field at Half Time

Parker was immense

Emre was class

Bramble was the perfect centre half

Shola needs a footballing brain transplant

Shearer standing on the edge of the box 5 minutes after scoring, spontanious acclamation from the Gallowgate and corners that brought a lump to my throat.

Dyer one real good move.

ovasions for all substitutions

I'm knackered and happy.

Portsmouth were very poor and I cant see them staying up.

smashing day,

Team Huddle :jihad:

We croseded the ball into the box more times in the first half than the rest of the season put together

Parker was immense

Emre was class

Shearer standing on the edge of the box 5 minutes after scoring, spontanious acclamation from the Gallowgate and corners that brought a lump to my throat.

Dyer one real good move.

I'm knackered and happy.

89124[/snapback]

aw gawd, brings tears to my eyes :blush::doubleact:

I thought i'd misheard the report that Bramble and Boumsong were solid at the back, i think Chris Kamara said 'perfect' :o:suicide:

Edited by Toonraider

My feeling is of great relief - there is no way we are going down now and we can look forward. The real cancer at the club is gone, and now the recovery starts, although it will take a long time. That may seem melodramatic, but I think it's true. Souness has been killing the club for the past 18 months, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a match and I barely have a happy memory of his reign. Hopefully, the nightmare is over.

My feeling is of great relief - there is no way we are going down now and we can look forward. The real cancer at the club is gone, and now the recovery starts, although it will take a long time. That may seem melodramatic, but I think it's true. Souness has been killing the club for the past 18 months, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a match and I barely have a happy memory of his reign. Hopefully, the nightmare is over.

89136[/snapback]

I hope your're right....i dont know alot about it being so far away but cant help feeling there is something really wrong with our club and its goes deep :doubleact:

But lets be positive and hope this time we get the right man.

Shearer got the sponsors man of the match according to the match commentary.

89135[/snapback]

It was Parker.

89137[/snapback]

Sorry, I'll clean my lugs out.

89136[/snapback]

Totally agree with all of that. Nothing melodramatic about it at all.

89135[/snapback]

It was Parker.

89137[/snapback]

89142[/snapback]

Your ears heard right. The commentators were too busy waffling to hear the clear and unequivocal announcement of "Scott Parker" in the background, then promptly said "I think they just gave Shearer man of the match?".

They're GREAT.

89135[/snapback]

It was Parker.

89137[/snapback]

89142[/snapback]

Your ears heard right. The commentators were too busy waffling to hear the clear and unequivocal announcement of "Scott Parker" in the background, then promptly said "I think they just gave Shearer man of the match?".

They're GREAT.

89144[/snapback]

True, Parker demonstrated the talent he was today, but overall it was a great performance. Bramble again showing the potential he has and could fulfill.

With regards to the atmosphere, it was a goosebumps kinda day. It could have been a cup final.

What a bloody relief to actually be able to see that we had the players/ability/potential all along and all we needed was some confidence/belief/relaxation from the players. I thought it was interesting to see that the players seemed to play like they'd been let out of straightjackets. The football was flowing, inspiring and simple. A pleasure to be there.

Boumsong is still a worry like. :doubleact:

smashing day,

Team Huddle :doubleact:

Parker was immense

Emre was class

Dyer one real good move.

I'm knackered and happy.

89124[/snapback]

Add to it that Solano was fantastic in the first 45 minutes..

Thanks guys...its good to read the thoughts of people who were actually there.

Dont you feel alittle cheated though? :doubleact: I mean, these are the same players....ok, nothing could be done about GS's choice of tactics/formation....but what about each players effort? Today they all gave it their all....its so frustrating that they couldnt put that much effort in before. They are extremely well paid professionals after all.

Thanks guys...its good to read the thoughts of people who were actually there.

Dont you feel alittle cheated though?  :doubleact:  I mean, these are the same players....ok, nothing could be done about GS's choice of tactics/formation....but what about each players effort? Today they all gave it their all....its so frustrating that they couldnt put that much effort in before. They are extremely well paid professionals after all.

89221[/snapback]

Exactly what I thought.

No-one seems to have mentioned Zoggy yet. Everyone was thoroughly proffessional and good and that (except maybe Boumsong in the centre circle running backward and forward without a clue what he should do....still), but Zoggy put some fun into the game. Emre took on defenders and got the pulse racing and zoggy took the piss out of them.

The response to Shearers goal was awesome, brought a tear to my little japs eye. It's a shame Freddy will misconstrue it as an affirmation of what he believes - that we all want Shearer to take over.

Great day. First time in a long time I was happy and wanted to go on the hoy after the game. I'm ill now like. But I've got last nights Sub-way to make me feel better.

And did anyone else see N-O's hitzfeld campaign? I saw 1 ripped up flyer on the floor and a German flag in thae bar with his name painted on very sloppily. Looked like it was done by a foetus. Poor show.