No problem with Luque

adios

GLENN Roeder revealed he gave striker Albert Luque permission to return home when the Spanish international was left out of the 16 to face Portsmouth at St. James' Park.

And the Newcastle caretaker-boss insisted there was "nothing sinister" in Luque not staying to watch his team-mates beat Portsmouth - and his strike partner Alan Shearer grab the club goalscoring record.

Roeder said: "I had a chat with Albert before the game, which is a private chat. But I would say that he is a very professional person and he asked me if he could return home.

"I haven't got a problem with that. There's nothing sinister in it. Some guys might make a headline of that, but trust me - there's nothing sinister in it whatever."

Roeder added: "I'm very positive about Albert Luque. I saw him play in Spain with Samuel Eto'o when Harry Redknapp sent me out there. But Albert hasn't had the best of starts and I don't think Albert could deny that, so I thought I wouldn't use him today.

"When he asked me to go home it made sense for him to. We live in a different world to when I played - he was very proper in the meeting we had and there was no problem whatsoever. Nobby Solano interpreted for him and I felt happier once he had asked me to go home that he did go home.

"I will see him on Monday, when we will have another talk - and then train with him."

:doubleact:

Nobby acts as his translater most probably.

89260[/snapback]

He conveys feeling via the medium of trumpet. Yesterday his tone was morose.

89265[/snapback]

well after yesterdays performance at least Nobby can blow his own trumpet!

ok, i'll get my coat :doubleact:

Edited by Toonraider