Dirty Cash I want you, Dirty Cash I need you more

wykikitoon

Chatting with a mate of mine this morning who works in the sport industry said FCB has accepted an offer for the Toon a week or so back from a Russian.  Apparently they're in the process of due diligence now.:pray:

I will believe it when I see it like, but fingers crossed.

I let myself get a little bit hopeful when the Staveley takeover craic was everywhere. I’m not going to get like that until we actually have a new owner, even if I saw pictures of Ashley and the new owners at the actual meeting signing ownership over I’ll wait until the fat lump has no legal ownership whatsoever before getting excited. 

Why would someone buy with so little time left before the window closes anyway. They'd have no ability to be productive ahead of the season, and it's looking grim as it stands anyway.

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Why would someone buy with so little time left before the window closes anyway. They'd have no ability to be productive ahead of the season, and it's looking grim as it stands anyway.

Is it? We'll have the two lads that turned our season around in January from the start of the season and two new striker options. The Lejeune injury is the biggest concern really. We'll be mid table this season again.

Assuming there's even a modicum off truth in this, what sentiment beings would wish for their English football club to be owned by fuckin Russians in 2018?  

Ashley is a grade A cunt, but there have been and are worse owners than him in English football. Sir John Hall sold his shares to Ashley saying "oh I wouldnt just sell to anyone, Mike is the best etc etc.." what a crock of shit. What I'm trying to say is be exceedingly careful what you wish for folks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Assuming there's even a modicum off truth in this, what sentiment beings would wish for their English football club to be owned by fuckin Russians in 2018?  

Ashley is a grade A cunt, but there have been and are worse owners than him in English football. Sir John Hall sold his shares to Ashley saying "oh I wouldnt just sell to anyone, Mike is the best etc etc.." what a crock of shit. What I'm trying to say is be exceedingly careful what you wish for folks. 

Not sure how it could get much worse tbh 

The club is dying with Ashley here. Hate the "careful what you wish for" and "better the devil you know" lines personally, the fact that the soul of NUFC has been sapped to the point of anything barely existing there is enough of a reason to give someone else a crack. In terms of assuming there is even the tiniest bit of truth in this, the only Russian in football with money I know whom is without full control of a club is Usmanov, who wants rid of his Arsenal shares. 

Even still, a buyer will need to call Ashley's bluff. The bloke is such a cunt he'll be desperate to get a feeling that he's 'winning' the deal. Horrid bastard.

1 hour ago, Haydnator said:

Hate the "careful what you wish for" and "better the devil you know" lines

I think it's reasonable to evaluate your position vs potential positions and the odds of that but I agree with you that in this instance I would take your hand off for the opportunity to roll the dice.

Newcastle could easily do a Sunderland with Ashley at the helm after Rafa goes.  He's certainly stupid/stubborn enough to fuck up that badly.  So complete annihilation of the club is the only way it gets any worse and I think the chances of that are pretty low.

33 minutes ago, adios said:

I think it's reasonable to evaluate your position vs potential positions and the odds of that but I agree with you that in this instance I would take your hand off for the opportunity to roll the dice.

Newcastle could easily do a Sunderland with Ashley at the helm after Rafa goes.  He's certainly stupid/stubborn enough to fuck up that badly.  So complete annihilation of the club is the only way it gets any worse and I think the chances of that are pretty low.

:up:

22 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

52,000 every home game.A world class manager.We're playing in the richest league in the world.£130m or so every season.How the fuck has nobody bought us ????? 

Michael James Wallace Ashley.

7 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

52,000 every home game.A world class manager.We're playing in the richest league in the world.£130m or so every season.How the fuck has nobody bought us ????? 

The fat cunt won’t sell unless he gets a ridiculous offer. Better value elsewhere for investors