Dirty Cash I want you, Dirty Cash I need you more

wykikitoon

7 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

52,000 every home game.A world class manager.We're playing in the richest league in the world.£130m or so every season.How the fuck has nobody bought us ????? 

Because quite simply the bloke doesn't want to sell. Never has done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Haydnator said:

The club is dying with Ashley here. Hate the "careful what you wish for" and "better the devil you know" lines personally, the fact that the soul of NUFC has been sapped to the point of anything barely existing there is enough of a reason to give someone else a crack. In terms of assuming there is even the tiniest bit of truth in this, the only Russian in football with money I know whom is without full control of a club is Usmanov, who wants rid of his Arsenal shares. 

Even still, a buyer will need to call Ashley's bluff. The bloke is such a cunt he'll be desperate to get a feeling that he's 'winning' the deal. Horrid bastard.

Don't disagree with much of this. However, regardless of what we know about how he exploits the employees of SD, the  amoral cunt Ashley is a legitimate businessman. Any Russian rich enough to give MA what he wants for us isn't likely to have started his business career with a couple of sports shops in suburban St Petersburg. 

This sounds like a defence of Ashley. It's not. It's disenchantment with the state of football ownership in England in general,  It's utterly morally bankrupt and selling to a a Russian gangster is more likely to drive me away than a spell in the conference tbh. 

33 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Don't disagree with much of this. However, regardless of what we know about how he exploits the employees of SD, the  amoral cunt Ashley is a legitimate businessman. Any Russian rich enough to give MA what he wants for us isn't likely to have started his business career with a couple of sports shops in suburban St Petersburg. 

This sounds like a defence of Ashley. It's not. It's disenchantment with the state of football ownership in England in general,  It's utterly morally bankrupt and selling to a a Russian gangster is more likely to drive me away than a spell in the conference tbh. 

That's fair but people don't get rich enough to pay for and run PL football clubs by being ethical about it. A Russian coming in and throwing cash around on players for Rafa will no doubt excite many fans, just like SJH did for KK in the PL. 

It would get the feeling that the club is well alive and still can tick, because when NUFC ticks it fucking ticks, like. 

Off topic, slightly, but I just noticed that all the ‘big’ teams in the Birmingham area have Chinese owners. Curious.

Only other Chinese ownership seems to be Southampton (although Man C have a smaller Chinese stakeholder).

50 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Off topic, slightly, but I just noticed that all the ‘big’ teams in the Birmingham area have Chinese owners. Curious.

Only other Chinese ownership seems to be Southampton (although Man C have a smaller Chinese stakeholder).

Wise old Chinese proverb;

Man with plenty sum

Can spend on clubs in brum.

Man who can't die too soon

Gets to stink out the Toon.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Haydnator said:

That's fair but people don't get rich enough to pay for and run PL football clubs by being ethical about it. A Russian coming in and throwing cash around on players for Rafa will no doubt excite many fans, just like SJH did for KK in the PL. 

It would get the feeling that the club is well alive and still can tick, because when NUFC ticks it fucking ticks, like. 

The Russian state murdered 2 Newcastle United fans in 2015. They've also murdered a UK citizen within the UK this year. I don't want that disgusting facist rogue state anywhere near my football club. Others can make their own minds up of course. 

• Like 2

A new Russian owner of a top flight English football club will only happen with Putin's approval. The threat the Russian state imposes on western democracy is huge and allowing another foothold in the UK would be very, very wrong. There's a line, and the Russian state is on the wrong side of it. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

So the nationality or race of a potential owner is a factor above all else?

Those chaps on the left hand side of the map have a rather fascistic leader at the moment. Shall we count out those lads too?

Just now, Dougle said:

So the nationality or race of a potential owner is a factor above all else?

Those chaps on the left hand side of the map have a rather fascistic leader at the moment. Shall we count out those lads too?

It's a bit different I think. It's impossible to be a billionaire Russian oligarch without having gained that money through extremely shady methods. It's a bit of a tough one though because the amount of money required to actually compete over a sustained period in the PL (i.e. as a regular top 4-5 side) means you're dealing with the sort of people who probably have blood on their hands. The whole thing's an absolute mess

• Like 2

No I'm only talking about the state who have murdered NUFC supporters. That's where I'm drawing the line. Feel free to justify any possible Russian involvement in the club any way you want to though. Am already fairly disillusioned with modern football in general and Boris Bollockoffski as owner would just put a tin hat on things. 

A US corporate rakeover of an English football club won't require Trumps approval. There's still enough left of US democracy and free trade to allow that. 

No justification on anything from me mate, just asking questions.

Quite frankly I’d love to see some multi billionaire Mary Poppins walk to the table and unload their wallet. But in the meantime we are stuck with an uber cunt from England.

6 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

Is there something here or is Wykitoon taking the piss?

:lol:

Not taking the piss only passing on something I heard from someone who doesnt usually talk shite.

With a normal owner, you might conclude that the unwillingness to spend money on transfers is evidence that he is selling the club. Unfortunately with Ashley it’s just normal transfer window behaviour.

On 8/4/2018 at 13:33, wykikitoon said:

Chatting with a mate of mine this morning who works in the sport industry said FCB has accepted an offer for the Toon a week or so back from a Russian.  Apparently they're in the process of due diligence now.:pray:

I will believe it when I see it like, but fingers crossed.

Give us a clue then!

Does this mate work at Sports Direct, is he an agent, does he work in the media?

21 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Give us a clue then!

Does this mate work at Sports Direct, is he an agent, does he work in the media?

He is a director for Europe for a sports brand.