Yes, Gemmill...

Meenzer

...I'm fundraising again, but I'm using Virgin Money Giving instead of JustGiving like you told me to. Happy now? ;)

Anyway, in a move entirely totally not driven by impending post-40 decrepitude, I've decided to take on the Great North Run next month and the Royal Parks Half in October. I'm doing it to raise money for the Cure Parkinson's Trust, because Parkinson's is a thoroughly rubbish condition to suffer from and the CPT do dead good work in funding advances in treating it.

I know I've fished for donations for past running endeavours on here before, but if any of yous happen to have a few quid burning a hole in your pocket and you fancy donating to a good cause, my page is here: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?pageId=954934

I can promise semi-regular training updates, though sadly they probably won't all involve me high-fiving a Womble.

59 minutes ago, Ant said:

you're an actual runner now, you should be doing this in costume to make it harder

Considering the charity please run this as Marty McFly and carry a ghetto blaster/boombox constantly playing back in time and power of love on a loop

:good: 

:lol:

I did do a hilly half as part of a Peter Pan team last year, but the crocodile onesie was sadly unsalvagable after 21k on a hot day. :D

21728072_10154960178127654_3983509553751

I shall duly entertain your request. And thank you kindly. :good: 

How many people shouted "see ya later Alligator" as they ran past you?

I know I would have.

Edit - Shouted it, not ran past you.

Edited by The Fish

On 8/6/2018 at 10:17, Meenzer said:

I can promise semi-regular training updates

I may have failed to make good on this promise. :ph34r: Anyway, the GNR went pretty well, finished just outside 1:57 despite the unexpectedly warm conditions on the day and never really getting up a head of steam because it's so crowded. Royal Parks Half this Sunday for the second part of the challenge - only 15,000 or so runners compared with the GNR's 40k+, so it should be a little more pleasant on that front at least. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure about providing the inspiration for The Departed. Scorsese didn’t just remake Infernal Affairs, he stole whole scenes from it almost word for word 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2018 at 17:37, Monkeys Fist said:

Wikipedia says both ( remake of Internal Affairs and  character based on Bulger). 

Do do not test me on this, Alex, I will fight you outside Anglo Pizza if you do. 

Anytime. Just don’t make me eat there 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, ewerk said:

For a man with as many Oscar nominations as he has I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of his films.

Still trying to deny Annie is your favourite film?