Rafael's asian assault on Spurs

TheGingerQuiff

3 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Muto was more involved in the 10 minutes he was on than Perez was for the 80 mins he was, he just goes missing in games at times. 

He looked lively but I don't think he'll have the trickery to play in the #10 role.

TBF to Perez, it wasn't a game where the attacking players were going to have a lot to feed off.

Must admit a feeling of despair when I saw the starting line-up, no change at all from last season.

The chances were there to get a point but it wasn't to be, Kenedy had the best chance one on one but fluffed the script.

Not bad overall but they had too much talent for us.

1 minute ago, Noelie said:

Must admit a feeling of despair when I saw the starting line-up, no change at all from last season.

The chances were there to get a point but it wasn't to be, Kenedy had the best chance one on one but fluffed the script.

Not bad overall but they had too much talent for us.

Aye, good reasonable summation.  Have you been at the cowies? ;)  

I was 30 mins late for the match. Have you ever tried getting into the ground this late? Nigh on impossible. So missed the first half and goals. Second half though was well impressed and thought we edged it, missed shitloads of chances. Dubravka was good also mind. 

Fears of relegation have eased, I'm ambitious I know. 

• Like 2

Such a tremendous winning against all odds story for poor disadvantaged Tottenham, with so many players who weren't only good enough to play for their countries, but also for countries in the final four of the world cup. So glad that we don't have any such issues to contend with and that we could host them for their heroic win in the face of such a monumental handicap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, OTF said:

Such a tremendous winning against all odds story for poor disadvantaged Tottenham, with so many players who weren't only good enough to play for their countries, but also for countries in the final four of the world cup. So glad that we don't have any such issues to contend with and that we could host them for their heroic win in the face of such a monumental handicap.

:D Such adversity. I heard it said that they were forced to play all of their home games at Wembley last year too. So brave.

Thought our lot played well, probably deserved a draw but a couple of daft mistakes cost us. 

I liked the look of Rondon when he came on, although Joselu scored and provided a defense splitting pass :lol:  

20 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Went to the protest then went straight home. Might've had a pint had I seen this although I was very, very hungover.

If it wasn’t a half 12 kick off I’d have been in attendance myself :good:

Train didn’t get  in till 1145 though

Met the usual idiots in the clock, went to Newcastle Arms after. Got the train to Berwick where I waited 3 pints for a lift. Now at mothers with the mother and father of all hangovers after going down the village pub for a couple but ending up having maybe 6?? 🤢

Reasonably  ok with the performance but seeing as spurs were blowing out their collective arse for the last 30mins we should’ve won really, they were out on their feet. Need to be more clinical in front of goal but decent strikers cost the money Ashley has no intention of  investing. I bet Yedlin’s sleep last night was pitted with images of Dele Ali running away from him. He’s a fuckin arsehole but an excellent footballer. Just hoping to enjoy Rafas last hurrah now, hopefully this latest round of penny pinching is the prelude to a sale but very likely not. 

The commentator gave us very little credit.When Tottenham dominated possession ( just) in our half 'Tottenham are dominating and Newcastle cannot get out of their half'.When we were dominating possession just in and well in the Tottenham half fuck all was said.I thought it was a decent performance against a team who lacked urgency and on the day were very much beatable.I'm expecting a victory against Cardiff next week.

With the dust settled after yesterday's game the result feels a lot more disappointing, Spurs were very average yet still won the game. It's games like that where you need someone with a bit of brilliance to turn the game, Kenedy tried his best and was one of our best players second half but it just didn't quite happen in the final third. If he puts in performances like that all season he will cause havoc for a lot of teams. Also it's games like that where we are dominating but clearly need an extra option up top so the formation needs to change but Rafa sticks with the same shape and opts to change personnel instead that is frustrating. Sometimes his stubbornness tactically costs us points, it certainly did last season.

5 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

………………………….. it's games like that where we are dominating but clearly need an extra option up top so the formation needs to change but Rafa sticks with the same shape and opts to change personnel instead that is frustrating. Sometimes his stubbornness tactically costs us points, it certainly did last season.

My sentiments entirely.:)