Newcastle vs Chelsea's pezzo di merda allenatore

LooneyToony

We won’t go down as long as Rafa is here, he played the same against some team last season. We were also missing 5 players who would have been in the squad at least.

We were a never penalty and a deflection from getting something, mental the stick he is getting

• Like 4

I agree strawb. This was the same type of shut up shop tactic he made against Man u last season, which turned our fortunes around. Not pretty to watch, but I thought we defended brilliantly and only undone by unfortunate decisions or deflection. Obv Id not like to see this against teams we can match. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alex said:

If we attack we’ll get fucking hammered by the likes of Chelsea though. 

Bullshit, being positive nullifies their game. Look at the final game of last season, we battered them. Yes they are good on the counter but we've enough pace to deal with that. Yesterday was like a training game for them. 

Why did nearly 52000, me included, turn up yesterday to watch that garbage. After the game. the media said that Lascelles didn't play because he had a clash of tactics with Rafa. So Rafa, to justify his position, dropped him. It turned out that Lascelles was objecting to playing 3 centre halves in the middle with Schar a left sided player told he would play on the right. Shelvey 'injured' at the last minute yet he turned up with his wife and 2 kids. Was Rondon the only CF could have signed. A striker who hardly scored 10 goals last season. If Rafa is such a great Manager who can do no wrong with the fans, not able to work his magic with Mitrovic, who can't stop scoring.

• Jaysus... 1

I dont see the comparisons with Allardyce and Benitez. Allardyce gets pots of money at clubs to set them up to play kick and run football. He plays the same tactics week in, week out. Rafa plays kick and run when he needs to as he knows he needs to keep shape against dangerous opposition, but we've seen more attacking football against lesser sides. He picks his tactics to suit the opposition and to ensure we pick up points where we can. Its the reason why most of us are behind him. 

There are 3 worse teams than us, but that means nowt when we play like we did against Cardiff.

It's groundhog Day. We will be in or around the bottom 3 come January and we will end up buying 2 or 3 players to try and keep us up

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

We'll avoid relegation easily. Much worse teams than us in this league.

And we’ve got one of the best managers in the league. While not much fun to watch, it’s hard to criticise Rafa’s tactic. He doesn’t set them up like this every week.

• Like 1

Unreal that people are being overly critical of the one reason that Newcastle remain a Premiership club against all odds. 

I guess we don't deserve him anyway so we can all enjoy languishing in the Championship if we're lucky.

2 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Bullshit, being positive nullifies their game. Look at the final game of last season, we battered them. Yes they are good on the counter but we've enough pace to deal with that. Yesterday was like a training game for them. 

Making out a fully motivated Chelsea side flying at the start of the season is the same as the one that couldn’t give a fuck in the final game of the season is bullshit

4 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Big, big difference between our game v Chelsea in May and our game yesterday and if you think it's just down to Rafa then you're letting yesterday's disappointment cloud your judgement.

3 hours ago, BLACKANDWHITEGEORDIE said:

Why did nearly 52000, me included, turn up yesterday to watch that garbage. After the game. the media said that Lascelles didn't play because he had a clash of tactics with Rafa. So Rafa, to justify his position, dropped him. It turned out that Lascelles was objecting to playing 3 centre halves in the middle with Schar a left sided player told he would play on the right. Shelvey 'injured' at the last minute yet he turned up with his wife and 2 kids. Was Rondon the only CF could have signed. A striker who hardly scored 10 goals last season. If Rafa is such a great Manager who can do no wrong with the fans, not able to work his magic with Mitrovic, who can't stop scoring.

Ah, banana-cock, I'd totally forgotten about you. Funny how your brief appearances usually occur when there's a bit of NUFC negativity. Slagging Benitez as well? The stench of Hendon is strong in this one.

• Like 1

I just can't see how playing so negatively at home is a positive when you're inviting the team to come at you, giving them the initiative and playing into their hands. I do expect he will be playing 10 at the back on Saturday mind.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

22 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I just can't see how playing so negatively at home is a positive when you're inviting the team to come at you, giving them the initiative and playing into their hands. I do expect he will be playing 10 at the back on Saturday mind.

It's not a positive. Nobody's happy seeing us play this way, it is however, pragmatic with the personnel he had for Sunday and the team he was up against. It's not giving Rafa a free pass as I can imagine he was as pissed off as we were that's how it had to go.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, BLACKANDWHITEGEORDIE said:

Not only is that not even the same media story from yesterday (the equally bogus claims yesterday were that Lascelles himself objected to being played on the right of the 3 centre-halves) but it's absolute bullshit, not to mention that Rafa's defensive formation worked exactly to plan. They scored from a nothing penalty and a deflection. We nullified them completely for 75 minutes, then scored a great goal after their BS penalty. The goal was scored by a Rafa signing and substitute who's got dog's abuse but has scored two good goals this season - no mention of "working magic" with Joselu though. Finally they got a jammy deflection that is the sort of luck that football matches are sometimes decided by. So we lost to Chelsea, who had a net spend of 87m to our -28m. Chelsea, who could bring on players from their bench worth more than our entire starting XI's transfer fees. Now it's the end of the world, Rafa is rubbish, we're going down again. How short-sighted, how ignorant, how unmindful of last season can you be? 

As for fucking Mitrovic, I'll say it now. I don't care if he scores 20 this season. It wasn't working out here. It was never going to work out here. We're better off shot of him and we certainly got good value for selling him. It wasn't Rafa's fault that Fat Mike wouldn't spend the Mitrovic profit. He scored a couple of goals against Burnley and fluked one against Spurs and now he's the second coming of Shearer. Righto. We'll see how many games he lets pass him by at Fulham, standing in the centre circle with a petulant look on his face because he's not getting the ball played into feet. Or maybe he'll be a brilliant success at Fulham and their attacking talent (that they spent 68m on) will light up the league - once again, how will that be Rafa's fault? 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

……….………………………………………. While not much fun to watch, it’s hard to criticise Rafa’s tactic. He doesn’t set them up like this every week.

In retrospect I can see Rafa's plan was to park the bus and defend,  prevent Chelsea from scoring,  win the game by us scoring on a breakaway, or holding fast for a draw.

It nearly worked, we prevented Chelsea scoring from the field of play, we scored a great breakaway goal,  but unfortunately a penalty and an own goal were not in anyone's plans.

Had it not been for the own goal we might just have come away with a point. Lady Luck was certainly not on our side.

I can't believe Rafa's tactics were for Diame to fail to pass a ball to a team mate all game any more than they were for Kenedy to do the same against Cardiff.  Had those players managed to play their usual game, I'm sure that the look of both games would have been much different and the tactic's wouldn't have been called into question as much.  Sometimes players have stinking games (especially players who you are bringing in on the cheap) that can undermine any tactics.

I thought Fernandez had a very good debut.

22 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I thought Fernandez had a very good debut.

Aye, I thought this too during the game but forgot about it in the rush to fashion a noose from the cord off the kettle.

Cher was also far more solid than what I've seen and expected thus far.

Edited by adios
  • Haha 1

I think the contrast of stats highlighted by HF last year when Lascelles was out probably points to shouting/leadership rather than just ability. It looks like we have another leader in Fernandez which is a huge plus (alleged strop or not).