Rafa's heroic hunks v the Islington guardianista cunts

Dr Gloom

It’ll be a tactical battle, along the lines of Ryder v Hope or Charnley v a revolving door. 

They’ve got some real talent but their central midfield isn’t settled yet, and their central defenders seem to make some shite decisions which I think a bullying type of forward like Rondon can get something out of. If we can stifle their front line we stand a better chance of nicking a win than we have against the other top 4 chasing sides we have played against. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Howay said:

It’ll be a tactical battle, along the lines of Ryder v Hope or Charnley v a revolving door. 

They’ve got some real talent but their central midfield isn’t settled yet, and their central defenders seem to make some shite decisions which I think a bullying type of forward like Rondon can get something out of. If we can stifle their front line we stand a better chance of nicking a win than we have against the other top 4 chasing sides we have played against. 

Yeah the other top 4 chasing teams we played actually have a chance of making the top 4 so they were always going to be a tougher proposition.

Low scoring draw I reckon.. 3 points would be great mind and it's not exactly a stretch to beat these, as someone else said Arsenal don't deal with being pressured and hassled very well which we did brilliantly when we beat them at the end of last season. 

Edited by 247
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

3-1 to us.

Hopefully Rondon and Yedlin will be fit to start after some long journeys in the international

Don't know why they wouldn't be fit, they probably travel 1st Class and can sleep at will. Yedlin's second game was in Nashville, Tennessee which can't be much more than 5 - 6 hours to the UK, and Yedlin only played about the last 10 minutes of the match.

Rondon played 90 minutes and I'm not sure exactly where his game was and how far away in flight hours.  I think there is unnecessary emphasis on lack of fitness due to international games and travel.

1 hour ago, Noelie said:

Don't know why they wouldn't be fit, they probably travel 1st Class and can sleep at will. Yedlin's second game was in Nashville, Tennessee which can't be much more than 5 - 6 hours to the UK, and Yedlin only played about the last 10 minutes of the match.

Rondon played 90 minutes and I'm not sure exactly where his game was and how far away in flight hours.  I think there is unnecessary emphasis on lack of fitness due to international games and travel.

Both flew to the US, played and then flew another few hours to their next fixtures and played again before flying home.

You might not think it has an effect but that doesn't bear out in the thinking of most managers, coaches or reality. Teams have huge issues playing european games in the week and then domestically and none of them are travelling as far as those two players have unless they're out in russia.

And the quickest flight from Nashville to London is 10 hours.

49 minutes ago, Andrew said:

And the quickest flight from Nashville to London is 10 hours.

I won't argue and I won't check your time frame but...……..my daughter lives in Estill Springs, Tennessee and I flew to Nashville in July to visit her. The flight from Los Angeles to Nashville was 4:05 hours going and 4:25 hours coming back.

A flight from Los Angeles, California to Heathrow, London takes 10 hours.   Hard to believe it takes 10 hours from Nashville to London but I'll take your word for it.

1 hour ago, Noelie said:

I won't argue and I won't check your time frame but...……..my daughter lives in Estill Springs, Tennessee and I flew to Nashville in July to visit her. The flight from Los Angeles to Nashville was 4:05 hours going and 4:25 hours coming back.

A flight from Los Angeles, California to Heathrow, London takes 10 hours.   Hard to believe it takes 10 hours from Nashville to London but I'll take your word for it.

I presume theres no direct flights from nashville to london, same website I got that time from says that LA to london is indeed 10 hours.

12Dubravka

22Yedlin

6Lascelles

18Fernandez

3Dummett

11Ritchie

14Hayden

10Diamé

7Murphy

17Pérez

21Joselu

Substitutes

2Clark

8Shelvey

9Rondón

13Muto

15Kenedy

19Manquillo

26Darlow

Edited by trooper

5 hours ago, ewerk said:

It’s actually eight hours Nashville to London.

*walks out of thread never to return*

I hate fucking liars and I hate ewerk even more, good thing he's left this thread 😉 8 hours and 5 minutes direct. BA fly it.