Peter Kenyon takeover

Anorthernsoul

Would be excellent if it happened, like all these things though any buyer would need to have an incredible amount of interest in NUFC in order to actually deal with Ashley. 

I had heard a Journalist on the totally football show podcast mentioning he’d been hearing that there was substantial interest in NUFC, maybe this is what he’d been hearing. 

Im sticking with nee chance. 

Not that I believe it because I’m not letting myself believe any of these rumours until he actually sells but at this stage I really struggle to see what Ashley gets out of holding onto us. However, very little of his tenure makes a great deal of sense 

Kenyon wouldn’t take a full time role in anything that wasn’t ambitious. If he were involved in a deal that would see him playing a part in the running of the club then it would have my seal of approval.

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Not that I believe it because I’m not letting myself believe any of these rumours until he actually sells but at this stage I really struggle to see what Ashley gets out of holding onto us. However, very little of his tenure makes a great deal of sense 

The club has paid for itself most seasons, he gets free advertising and it's an asset that continues to appreciate in line with the TV deal. 

That might change with another relegation and I'm hoping that's what convinces him to get out whilst the club is at its most valuable 

48 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

614339b7346d7efad226e5fb765a4cbc.thumb.j

:D

I’m struggling to see the relevance, but hats off for the support. 

Wor Ingrid has her knockers, but at least she never employed JFK?? 

( I’m struggling to shoehorn any more tit jokes in here folks, so I’ll nip it in the bud). 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Could it be why the fat cunt has been at the last couple of games?

Reckon that's a Keith Bishop PR "masterstroke" i.e. he's been called a negligent owner so he's showing up at matches to say he's not. He's also, coincidentally, in a tailored suit after being roundly slagged off for his regular fashion. 

21 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:D

I’m struggling to see the relevance, but hats off for the support. 

Wor Ingrid has her knockers, but at least she never employed JFK?? 

( I’m struggling to shoehorn any more tit jokes in here folks, so I’ll nip it in the bud). 

She would make a sucker out of me. :baby:

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The club has paid for itself most seasons, he gets free advertising and it's an asset that continues to appreciate in line with the TV deal. 

That might change with another relegation and I'm hoping that's what convinces him to get out whilst the club is at its most valuable 

Think we’ve been over this before but the advertising he receives for nowt would’ve cost fuck all compared to what he’s sunk into the club. Alright, the club pays for itself more often than not per season (at a guess) but that’s completely wiped out by the cost of relegation (twice) and, I would imagine, when he’s had to spend a lot in January to get us out of trouble. The tv money increases but all that seems to happen off the back of that is that players and agents get more money. As for it being an asset that continues to appreciate - how much more is it worth than it was when he bought it? Who’s showed their willing to give him what he wants for it? Etc., etc. For someone with his wealth and considering how much it’s cost him over the ten years it seems like an abysmal investment unless I’m missing something. That coupled with him seemingly having no long term strategy and the only thing that makes sense is he’s fucking clueless and winging it hoping for some positive outcome where someone offers him way over the odds 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

Think we’ve been over this before but the advertising he receives for nowt would’ve cost fuck all compared to what he’s sunk into the club. Alright, the club pays for itself more often than not per season (at a guess) but that’s completely wiped out by the cost of relegation (twice) and, I would imagine, when he’s had to spend a lot in January to get us out of trouble. The tv money increases but all that seems to happen off the back of that is that players and agents get more money. As for it being an asset that continues to appreciate - how much more is it worth than it was when he bought it? Who’s showed their willing to give him what he wants for it? Etc., etc. For someone with his wealth and considering how much it’s cost him over the ten years it seems like an abysmal investment unless I’m missing something. That coupled with him seemingly having no long term strategy and the only thing that makes sense is he’s fucking clueless and winging it hoping for some positive outcome where someone offers him way over the odds 

What does any owner outside the top 4 get out of owning a club? None of them turn a profit

Ashley bought the club at £135mil and Stavely offered between £250-300mil, so it's clearly appreciated in value. Maybe he hopes the trend will continue for another 10 years. His failing has been the £144mil he had to loan us on top of his initial outlay, partly  due to our relegations, which means he would only have broken even with the Stavely deal. That would bruise his ego which is why he was reportedly looking for £400mil.

Either way, the club is worth at least what he has invested in it. Also I would argue its impossible to put a figure on what the advertising would cost at another club because no other club has a fraction of adverts for a single business like we do at St James. Not to mention that fact that every time he's mentioned in relation to the club he's referred to as "Sports Direct owner Mike Ashley". No one had heard of him 10 years ago and now he's a house hold name along with his business. 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

It'd be a good time for him to sell, profit in the summer window and an obvious need to spend cash in January. Also a good time for them to drum up talk of a sale in a classic bit of misdirection.

From what I've read though the £400 million would buy you the bare bones then you'd have to upgrade the players clean up SJP & sort out the training facilities. Add it all together & you could be looking at nearer £600 or £700 million in reality,  they're just guess's at values. What I'm trying to say is your probably looking at investing a lot more than £400 million to buy the club.

• Like 1

Upgrading training and stadium rebuilds would be under 10mill surely.

Not sure 200+ is needed on players. Agree on the main point but it's not going to be 6 or 700.

Edited by Rayvin