Man Utd V Newcastle United - 6th October - 17.30 KO

Anorthernsoul

If it had been the other way round there would now be huge discussion about the immediate need for the introduction of VAR to stop injustices like this to happen again.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 2

Aye, it’s an utter disgrace really. The fact that bloke is able to referee Manchester United games at all is a shocking loophole, let alone when he pretty blatantly sides with them. I understand he may have missed the blatant hand ball but there’s no way you could ever think that didn’t hit the wall, it’s completely impossible for a ball to change direction like that in the air. 

You also have to wonder what the assistant was doing...

Having a referee from the Manchester area with one assistant coming from Billingham is a rather strange choice of selection for a ManU against Newcastle game though.

• Like 1

We're still not helping ourselves.One coward turned his back for their second goal and two of  our defenders showed no interest in jumping for their third. As for that baldy cheating bastard with the whistle,no yellow card shown to Lukaku for his tackle from behind nor a yellow for Pogba when he booted the ball away after a free kick was given against him.Cheating baldy manc bastard.

• Like 1

I cant quite remember the position of the ref at the time, but where was the fucking lino?

Leeds had a shocking peno given against them this weekend and that too.  Yet people seem so against VAR.  Why?  It's fucking needed! 

9 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

We're still not helping ourselves.One coward turned his back for their second goal and two of  our defenders showed no interest in jumping for their third. As for that baldy cheating bastard with the whistle,no yellow card shown to Lukaku for his tackle from behind nor a yellow for Pogba when he booted the ball away after a free kick was given against him.Cheating baldy manc bastard.

Aye that kicking the ball away for the shite Diame, that's an instant yellow all day long

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I cant quite remember the position of the ref at the time, but where was the fucking lino?

Leeds had a shocking peno given against them this weekend and that too.  Yet people seem so against VAR.  Why?  It's fucking needed! 

I saw something that showed he was looking at the middle of the goal to watch for pushing etc. 

3 hours ago, NJS said:

I saw something that showed he was looking at the middle of the goal to watch for pushing etc. 

The linesman on the side where the free kick was taken from would have been on the halfway line.Saying that,he should have noticed the ball was prevented from going into the danger area.I would imagine the linesman on the far side would have positioned himself very close to the goal line.The baldy cheating bastard is 100% to blame for not giving us a pen.

13 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Here you go, highlights of it to jog your memory......

Mint that.  That was my first ever away game and I must admit I'd pretty much forgotten all of it.  I had it in my mind that we had went one up.  As soon as I saw the move starting for Hendrie's goal I remembered that though and the Bessant's tip onto the bar and Mira milking it in front of their fans both came flooding back when I watch them.  Most of all I remember shitting myself walking through Stanley Park after the game with my dad.  Both sets of fans were pulling out knives and bottles to go at each other.  Seem to remember our lot came out of it on top although that might be rose coloured glasses on my part.

• Like 2