Toon V Watford

trooper

Thought we played quite well in the second half. The crowd responded to what seemed like increased effort and the players responded to the crowd a looked a little more confident. After a dreadful first half Diame remembered how to play football and Ki and Schar both looked pretty good. 

Its a massive win for us and hopefully we can take some confidence away from it because although it’s clear for all to see that we have a weak team, it’s the confidence that’s been really lacking recently. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Rondon, Joselu, Muto and Perez. That's a truly horrific strike force rota and has relegation written all over it unless the Hertfordshire whale let's us get some quality in January. They're carving us open.

:icon_lol:

People are saying we were pretty shite yesterday and god damn boring.  I'd rather be boring as fuck and win 1-0, than play very well and lose.  We were very good at Old Trafford, great against Tottenham, but at the end of the day we lost.  If we go down we're stuck with Ashley for at least another 2 years, so we really need to keep going this season, we are shite and 17th will definitely do. 

• Like 1

And finally, after 6 years, a bit of luck goes Newcastle United's way.

Stray thoughts: Ki helps the team a lot more because his quick, short passing brings players like Kenedy and Ritchie into the game in more dangerous areas, Fernandez is arguably the number one centre back in this decaying European Union and, while Perez frustrates me more than any other man alive, that kid has a knack of scoring some important goals for us.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

That's the weekend fucked up for the makems.

Nah, I’ve seen a few of them buzzing about the fact we haven’t taken our full allocation for Everton away. 

26 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

And finally, after 6 years, a bit of luck goes Newcastle United's way.

Stray thoughts: Ki helps the team a lot more because his quick, short passing brings players like Kenedy and Ritchie into the game in more dangerous areas, Fernandez is arguably the number one centre back in this decaying European Union and, while Perez frustrates me more than any other man alive, that kid has a knack of scoring some important goals for us.

He really does seem to be at his best when he just needs to apply a flick or something to a finish rather than having time to do anything else.

the thing that’s puzzling me is exactly what someone said on here after the last game we lost.. what happened to our solid defensive unit? Although we kept a clean sheet yesterday, you’ve got to admit watford went through us (several times) like a hot knife through butter. If it was any other day they would of stuck 2 or 3 of those in.. need to get that mindset of last season back sharpish 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

He really does seem to be at his best when he just needs to apply a flick or something to a finish rather than having time to do anything else.

Sounds a bit like my sex life at 46.