Lascelles Signs a 6-Year Deal

Ayatollah Hermione

38 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

An attempt to convince the players of some consistency, plan and focus throughout the club by committing their captain to a long-term deal? Or a thinly-veiled attempt to slap a £35 million price tag on him? YOU DECIDE

Word leaked out yesterday the Chelsea & Spurs are monitoring him so I'd go with putting a £35+ million price tag on him. If he goes to either club he may get his England call up.

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

It's only a one year extension on what he already had so I'd say it's an attempt to make sure we don't lose in him January but also ensure we can get decent money for him after relegation.

We could still lose him in January as contracts mean bugger all nowadays 

Tbh he’s always seemed to have an ego but does he really think he can just say that Ashley’s alright and we’ll all just be like ‘yeah the fat cunts a decent lad really’ 

This season is a shambles 

• Like 1

I care as much about what Jamal Lascelles said yesterday, as I do when a new signing talks up our atmosphere. 

Who honestly gives a fuck?

I don't doubt there will have been some nudging him in the direction of saying something positive about the fat prick but I do actually think he will have just wanted to try and put out some positivity.  I'm not going to have a pop at him for that.  Especially as he has shown that he does give a fuck about the club. 

Just now, David Kelly said:

I don't doubt there will have been some nudging him in the direction of saying something positive about the fat prick but I do actually think he will have just wanted to try and put out some positivity.  I'm not going to have a pop at him for that.  Especially as he has shown that he does give a fuck about the club. 

Aye, he was probably coached about what to say.

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

He's hardly going to come out with "Ashleys a proper cunt.  Rafa should jump ship because I'm off as soon as I can hopefully in January as this new contract means fuck all"

Hardly going to help turning on the club captain is it? Anyone with half a brain will know he's the one who has to hold the dressing room together, even more than so than Benitez in many respects. He has to remain positive about the club, he'll know as much as anyone how much of a cunt Ashley is. The fact he cares as much is refreshing considering most modern day footballers, he stuck around last time and came into his own to become captain. The fact he lost his sidekick Lejeune has been a kick in the balls, totally changed the outlook of the team.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...