Boycott Wolves

trooper

I'm struggling for any reason not to boycott the Wolves game. Obviously there's no financial hit on Ashley as any revenue lost will be soaked up.  This is about  people who are working bloody hard every week & playing good money to watch a sub standard team try & survive in the premiership. It's now like this week in week out the club's a mere shell. In fact its not really a football club anymore. We have nobody who can turn a game score a couple of goals. Shearer, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Ginola etc all very distant memories. We have maybe one player left of any real value Lascelles he's been closely watched by Chelsea & Spurs who'll no doubt try & swoop in for him in January. Sadly for us if he wants an England career he may have to leave. You know whatever you think of Hall & Sheppard they always backed the manager brought in the top players. But this owner won't even allow Rafa to spend the money  he generates through selling players to be spent. Then there's the over inflated price for the club he has no intention of selling. The ground is looking tired, shabby & worn in fact I'd goes as far to say neglected. The traing facilities are from the ark with the physio's bed in a disused squash court its a joke.  Its likevwe're back in the 60's with the trainer, his bucket of water & magic sponge. Now i know very little about modern football, but i do know when somethings right or wrong. At this moment everything is wrong with the club due to one man. I hope as many people of possible stay out of the ground on December 9th go & spend your hard earned money in the pub, club or give it the wife & kids anything rather than give it to him. Obviously i respect whatever you decide to do wether to stay away or go but respect you more if you stayed away. It's 1 game it's live on TV it's time to stand up & be counted by boycotting Wolves. I'll probably get hammered for this but it's just my opinion over to you lot 

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't think many of us are season ticket holders anyway, so i doubt this call to action is going to have much of an impact 

It's aimed at anyone thinking of attending even the Uni student who'll be offered cheap tickets. They were round the Northumbria Coach Lane campus offering cheap tickets when Miss T was there for the Spurs boycott.

Don’t take this the wrong way trooper but you have no skin in the game (i know you would be involved in demos etc if life allowed). I don’t have any either cos i live miles away now. 

If people want to go to the match then they will, arguing amongst fans about going or not will only make people more embattled in their views.

And although it’s changing, the majority of match going Newcastle fans won’t even use a forum nevermind this one. So these calls to arms are literally pissing in the wind.

• Like 1

Agreed - it's in the digital arena that we can land some blows. And even then, it's hardly likely to be anything solid enough to force the man from an investment he values at £400m.

Having said that, what is the intended outcome of the protest? If it's awareness raising, with whom are we raising awareness?

Or are we raging against the storm because it's cathartic? I mean what is the point to any of this really.

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

The digital activism will have a greater impact of his businesses and therefore have a greater impact on something he cares about.

The only way to get rid of the Ashley problem is with intelligent discourse.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again but people try and make a virtue out of continuing to go and the same applies to those who don’t but 99% of the time those that still enjoy the day out out contine to go and the people that stopped liking it hours the towel and in. I’m in the latter camp and Ashley taking the piss made it an easy choice for me but if people still want to go they will. Strawb’s spot to on tbh. It would different if it wasn’t just a token gesture. Fair play to anyone wanting to boycott too though. 

• Like 2

We’re only getting rid of the cunt when someone makes him a stupid offer. Someone who overvalues the club as much as he did in other words, which is unlikely because billionaires don’t tend to be as stupid as he was.