Toon v AFC Bournemouth

trooper

Just now, acrossthepond said:

Well done. I didn't agree with the defensive subs but Atsu did well as an outlet at the end and Clark did make us look more confident at the back.

Rondon looked class, like the player we thought we were getting. Hopefully it will continue. 

He could have had 4 today, showed what he can do with some good service. Thought Fernandez was class again today.

• Like 1

Same again next week @trooper 

Give it another negative prediction and we’ve got a chance to keep this run going. Great work mate 😎

And it’s a bannable offence if any cunt even thinks of starting the match thread 

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

As a measure of my confidence in us getting three points this afternoon I’ve backed Bournemouth to win in our betting WhatsApp group, much to the amusement of the three AFCB supporters amsngst the 10 members. We’ve never won so much as a fuckin penny in the 5-6 years we’ve been doing it so am fully expecting AFCB to win but some other mug to let us down ...  

Betting whatsapp group update:  am now banned for an over exuberant celebration of a losing bet :lol:

never mind the cunt who backs Derby every week... 3 nowt v Villa..

55 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Give it another negative prediction and we’ve got a chance to keep this run going. Great work mate 😎

And it’s a bannable offence if any cunt even thinks of starting the match thread 

Same lineups as last two weeks, Gloomy?  :)

Dubravka

Yedlin          Lacelles           Fernandez     Dummett

Shelvey      Ki

Ritchie                  Kenedy             Samir Nasri

Rondon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Are you watching, Noelie? 

Of course I was you twerp.:D

Great win, wonderful 3 points, and my only serious critique about Rafa is he should have taken Diame off sooner, there were times he was a liability.

Perez?......hero last week but not this week.

Full credit to Rondon, great header.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

What can I say :D:nufc:   

Rondon is essentially the Colossus of Rhodes given corporeal form. I thought he was absolutely immense, he bullied every Bournemouth player he was up against, held the ball up immensely well but more than that, he can skip past his man, play his way out of trouble is genuinely more mobile and accomplished a striker than the last few knackers we've had in that role. Had a good game against Watford but today, he was absolutely immense.

Fernandez letting his man have a yard before smashing him up a height with a sliding tackle is right from the Argentinian school of defending, Ki uses the ball much more intelligently than Shelvey and comes with a better delivery from set-pieces to boot and Perez had one of his better games, I thought. Less pissing about and seems to enjoy having Kenedy, Ki and Rondon around him a lot more. Some fucking mental subs at the end but fair play to Atsu who has, to be charitable, been absolutely shit so far this season but he was willing to make those runs late on and was unlucky in not sealing it.

Exactly the kind of performance needed against a rapid, skilful side. Hopefully this goes someway to restoring SJP to a place that teams dislike going as it was back end of last season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Bournemouth would have won if they’d kept Fraser on the left annihilating Yedlin at will....they moved him into the middle and lost it a bit after that...

Seemed like that's what the subs were all about. Basically getting an extra centre half in the middle so Schar could help him out and then Howe immediately moved Fraser central :lol: I have to admit, I feared the worst when Defoe came on but did he even touch the ball?

• Like 1

Great game to watch, great atmosphere today I thought. The poppies in the Gallowgate were well done.

Could have gone either way and I had no finger nails left at the end. Didn't realise Rondon was built like such a brick shit house, could hardly be a bigger contrast to Gail. We'll be okay I think, there's 3 worse teams than us, surely. Relegation next year I reckon. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Great game to watch, great atmosphere today I thought. The poppies in the Gallowgate were well done.

Could have gone either way and I had no finger nails left at the end. Didn't realise Rondon was built like such a brick shit house, could hardly be a bigger contrast to Gail. We'll be okay I think, there's 3 worse teams than us, surely. Relegation next year I reckon. 

:lol: Never let it be said you're too negative

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Rondon is essentially the Colossus of Rhodes given corporeal form. I thought he was absolutely immense, he bullied every Bournemouth player he was up against, held the ball up immensely well but more than that, he can skip past his man, play his way out of trouble is genuinely more mobile and accomplished a striker than the last few knackers we've had in that role. Had a good game against Watford but today, he was absolutely immense.

Fernandez letting his man have a yard before smashing him up a height with a sliding tackle is right from the Argentinian school of defending, Ki uses the ball much more intelligently than Shelvey and comes with a better delivery from set-pieces to boot and Perez had one of his better games, I thought. Less pissing about and seems to enjoy having Kenedy, Ki and Rondon around him a lot more. Some fucking mental subs at the end but fair play to Atsu who has, to be charitable, been absolutely shit so far this season but he was willing to make those runs late on and was unlucky in not sealing it.

Exactly the kind of performance needed against a rapid, skilful side. Hopefully this goes someway to restoring SJP to a place that teams dislike going as it was back end of last season.

You’re wasted on here mate :D 

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Could have gone either way and I had no finger nails left at the end. Didn't realise Rondon was built like such a brick shit house, could hardly be a bigger contrast to Gayle. We'll be okay I think, there's 3 worse teams than us, surely. Relegation next year I reckon. 

eqjQPWc.jpg

5 hours ago, Renton said:

I made an appearance today, what can you say? ;)

6 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: