Toon V Burnley

trooper

Are you suppose to stop biting when you get to the knuckles?

It had all the signs Burnley would tie it up.

Joselu for Rondon……….well he could have been a hero if he'd scored.

Lot of enterprising attacks that fizzled.

Lacelles might find it hard to get his place back from Schar.

I dunno about Yedlin's defensive qualities,  saw Kenedy back there and Yedlin no where in sight.

Whoopee. :D

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Joselu yet again added nothing coming on, how much more dangerous would we have been bringing on Gayle against a tired defence pushing high up the pitch?

If we had Gayle we wouldn't have Rondon though...

9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If we had Gayle we wouldn't have Rondon though...

True but I can’t help but think that Charnley was none too disappointed about that. Proper planning would’ve seen us negotiate a deal for Rondon earlier in the window allowing West Brom to look for an alternative striker. Or we could have gone for a different player that didn’t require us to offload Gayle.

27 minutes ago, zerosum said:

Ki has been the “key” for me, last few games. Holds onto the ball well, has an eye for a pass, without trying to be all hollywood like shelvey. 

Totally agree with this. Solid without being spectacular. Does the job well alongside Diame.

• Like 1

Thought it was a good first half, we should have probably scored more and their goal was pretty fortunate with Dubravka misreading it. Rafa gave that gravel eating toe rag Dyche a tactical lesson in the first half in all. After Ritchie’s sitter I think we sat a bit too deep which we are prone to doing but that’s also more telling of the quality of the players as it was often poor passing which turned the ball over rather than any tactical desire. I know we were looking to counter but I think large parts of the second half we were allowing too much. 

Ritchie has a good game, missing the sitter aside, but was clearly blowing out his arse at the end. Kenedy has a good game defensively but still feel he holds onto the ball a bit too long. Not sure what others thought but I thought Diame was poor, he put in a good shift defensively but as soon as he won the ball he’d misplace or make the wrong pass most of the time, it’s like he doesn’t even seem to pick his head up half the time. 

The subs showed how desperate we are for players. Hayden came on, did little aside give away a couple of needless free kicks. Joselu, I genuinely don’t see the point in him coming on, he has absolutely nothing in his game, I think it’d be a little unfair to say his chance was a sitter but he should at least be hitting the target, no idea what he was doing as he watched Hart push further and further into our half either the fucking dozy bastard. 

Overall the game underlined what a clueless wanker that idiot Burnley fan coming on here predicting they would batter us is. They’re a very poor side, they basically had no tactic beside lump it up to the two up top from kick off. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

Get the fuck in you bastards. They were the worst team we've played this season, very very average. We should never have let them back in, poor defending and goalkeeping for their goal. How on earth did Ritchie miss that chance? :lol: Luckily it didn't cost us. On the positive side I thought we looked well drilled and hungry from the first whistle, clearly they are playing with a lot more confidence now. Ki was class again in the middle, he brings balance to the midfield, a composed head and rarely gives the ball away. Fernandez was solid at the back again, he seems to be growing with every game. Ritchie put another good shift in only blot on his performance was that sitter. The service to Rondon wasn't great last night, he was feeding on scraps for the most part. Joselu should have scored when he came on, good work from Perez to set it up. Overall you've got to be happy with another 3 points, especially on a Monday night in Burnley. 

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We are desperate for someone to replace Perez mind. Muto might be that player but hopefully we drop £15mil+ on this MLS no.10. 

Only he could conspire to give the ball away, 40yds from goal with no keeper in the nets 

Aye that was ridiculous, he couldn't even lift it over the defender, he just give them the ball back and we nearly got caught on the counter. If you're not going to score then take the ball to the corner.

That Lancashire Mackem back?

nah, didnt think so.

We were by far the better team last night and it should have been dead and burried at HT.  I thought they would come out with a bit of fire after their goal so close to HT but the man Rafa sorted out our heeds and got us back on it.

I cannot think of really one player I would say had a bad game.  Ritchie's miss is gonna stand out, but for me that was also a good shout for a fucking pen.  If that had happened anywhere else on the pitch its a free kick with the late challenge on Yedelin.  

The service to Rondon was average at times, but I thought his hold up play and general graft was spot on. 

We do, however really need better options off the bench to change the game or just better quality to keep with the same game plan.

Ki impressed the fuck out of me - it's been too long without a player with a brain in the team. 

Was it Perez who broke in injury time and didn't head for the corner but tried to play someone in and gave it away? - nearly joined kd in having a heart attack by screaming at him. 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

That Lancashire Mackem back?

nah, didnt think so.

We were by far the better team last night and it should have been dead and burried at HT.  I thought they would come out with a bit of fire after their goal so close to HT but the man Rafa sorted out our heeds and got us back on it.

I cannot think of really one player I would say had a bad game.  Ritchie's miss is gonna stand out, but for me that was also a good shout for a fucking pen.  If that had happened anywhere else on the pitch its a free kick with the late challenge on Yedelin.  

The service to Rondon was average at times, but I thought his hold up play and general graft was spot on. 

We do, however really need better options off the bench to change the game or just better quality to keep with the same game plan.

I never left... 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, NJS said:

Ki impressed the fuck out of me - it's been too long without a player with a brain in the team. 

Was it Perez who broke in injury time and didn't head for the corner but tried to play someone in and gave it away? - nearly joined kd in having a heart attack by screaming at him. 

Perez had the chance to catch Hart out, who was out of his goal and couldn’t manage to lift it over a players head and knock it 5 yards to someone else. The kid is thick as fuck at times 

• Like 1