Toon V Burnley

trooper

11 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Eh? Other than Palace, every side around us lost. Fulham don't count because they were miles away and their goal difference is embarrassing. 

Exactly that's why it's like a game in hand 3 points from this pulls us clear of the relegation pack. Nothing & we're right back in it.

20 minutes ago, MightyClaret said:

Not a chance pal.

I can't see any further than a convincing Burnley win.

Aye, your 2-13 aggregate score in your last four games clearly speaks of a team in top form.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Aye, your 2-13 aggregate score in your last four games clearly speaks of a team in top form.

At no point did i suggest we were on top form, however iv'e seen enough in the last couple of games to conclude that our bad run is about to end.

Prepare to get spanked on Monday.

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

One of yours @Andrew ?... No wonder you moved to the other side of the world mate :cuppa:

Aye sorry about him, the odd ones get out past the fences sometimes since the council budget was cut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

You moved to New Zealand, Andrew?   Was it because of the quality of sheep? :huh:

I doubt it, probably because the Kiwis have a better variety of wellies.:)

I see Huddersfield have climbed above us in the table, knocking us down a peg.:mad:

A draw on Monday would be good, but 3 points would be very-very good. A loss would only hurt feelings.:(

13 hours ago, MightyClaret said:

At no point did i suggest we were on top form, however iv'e seen enough in the last couple of games to conclude that our bad run is about to end.

Prepare to get spanked on Monday.

The last games where you've managed to muster 12 shots in total, compared to your opponents' 44? Those last couple of games?

You've the 2nd worst xG (ahead of Huddersfield only) and the 2 worst xGA (Ahead of only Fulham) in the league. In other words, had your opponents been more clinical with their good chances, and had you been less fortunate up front, you'd be rock bottom of the division.

You might beat us, because you've some good players and they're playing for their manager. However, you're on crack if you are expecting Burnley to hand out a hammering to anyone at the minute. Least of all a resolute Newcastle side that has been beaten by >1 goal on one occasion in the league this season.