Toon V West 'Am

trooper

With Shelvey, Lascelles, & Mutu apparently available, it could provide Rafa with a serious selection problem against West Ham.

Ki and Schar have been playing well, Perez not that good, will Rafa make changes or start his last selection?

2 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Replace Perez with Shelvey, give him a more prominent role. Diame and Ki and have been doing well together in the middle, Shelvey more advanced could be very dangerous.

Shelvey is no where near a good enough runner or dribbler to do anything of use in Perezs position.

I know Perez isn't brilliant but Shelvey is at his best picking up the ball from deep and launching attacks when he has the space to do so, he'd be terrible in the tighter confines of a 10.

• Like 2

Has he ever been used in that role before? I agree it would sort of negate his raking long balls being so high up the pitch and he isn’t at his best when he’s pressed but he has got vision to play those slide rule balls. 

10 is our weakest attacking position and at the moment Ki and Diame deserve to be starting at CM. I’ve been banging on about it for years but I’d like to see Ritchie given a go there and someone with more pace like Atsu or Murphy out wide in his place

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Has he ever been used in that role before? I agree it would sort of negate his raking long balls being so high up the pitch and he isn’t at his best when he’s pressed but he has got vision to play those slide rule balls. 

10 is our weakest attacking position and at the moment Ki and Diame deserve to be starting at CM. I’ve been banging on about it for years but I’d like to see Ritchie given a go there and someone with more pace like Atsu or Murphy out wide in his place

what about Ki in there if shelvey starts? decent at holding and could slot a ball for Rondon.

Personally I’d like to see a similar team to last few weeks , with shelvey benched 

Edited by zerosum

Aye Kenedy is the only other real fit for a #10 but imo he’s much better used as he is on the wing, Perez isn’t perfect in fact the cunt infuriates me regularly but we just don’t have the options to drop him. (Thanks Mike)

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

The 11 minute protest being reported by BBC News this morning.

This from The Mail Online

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6448001/Rafa-Benitez-tells-Newcastle-protesters-late-loud.html

They are entitled to do what they want to do'

Rafa Benitez tells Newcastle protesters to be late, but be loud

Edited by trooper

Aye, that’s an odd decision. I thought Ritchie had a class game at full back. 

It’s likely because he doesn’t want to play that formation but Manquillo is a total waste of space. 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Offside or not that was piss poor from Perez. I hope not to see him again after January.

Aye, we’ve had to toil with him in the side year after year is it too much to ask for some improvement on him :lol:

Another good chance headed right at the keeper there by him as well. 

Edited by Howay

We've done ok but fuck me, some suicidal passes and Perez couldn't finish his breakfast when he's got some time to think about it. They'll finish one of these chances we're giving them, not as confident we will.