Toon V West 'Am

trooper

Shite from start to finish. Amazing what spending £36mil on a player can do. Anderson the best player on the pitch, whilst Perez spurns 6 chances.

Rafa will be more disappointed about the 3 goal hit to the GD. The defence looked hopeless today. We should have stuck with 532 instead of putting that fucking donkey at LB

19 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Also starting to get a bit pissed off with our shots from free kicks. Laurent Robert-esque they certainly ain't.

Ki and Atsu both score free kicks for their countries. Shelvey should have been 3rs choice to take ours, he's hopeless at them 

I guess it’s not even worth saying anymore but it really is time Ashley just fucked off. 

You can see Benitez is really trying his best with how he sets the team up, and his instructions. You can often see how they are meant to play but there’s nothing he can do about this extreme lack of quality in the squad. We very often have moves break down simply because of a wayward pass, and nearly every game defenders making bizarre decisions, attackers fluffing chance after chance etc. some games the players can pull it together and execute the plan, other days they just show their lack of talent. 

Dreadful by the team today. Personally thought Diame was tragic nearly every time he won the ball back well he would almost immediately lose it, it’s not even worth discussing the games Perez and Manquillo had. I’m just tired of watching players like Manquillo, Perez and Diame (I know he’s had a run of ok performances but by and large he’s a poor player) they are shit, we’ve known for years they are shit, Rafa knows they’re shit and yet we are still seeing the fuckers play every week because this fat, ugly, parasite that owns NUFC won’t let us bring anyone in. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

Dreadful result, this was supposedly one of the winnable games, but then this is Newcassel.:(

Could have been a bigger blow if Andy Carroll had been part of it.

I have to criticize Rafa for dropping Clark and starting Manquillo, not s good move.

Ki is gonna be an asset to the team if Rafa keeps him in there.

Kenedy had another useless/clueless  performance.

Perez ….*@%$!)+"<#:mad:

26 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Dreadful result, this was supposedly one of the winnable games, but then this is Newcassel.:(

Could have been a bigger blow if Andy Carroll had been part of it.

I have to criticize Rafa for dropping Clark and starting Manquillo, not s good move.

Ki is gonna be an asset to the team if Rafa keeps him in there.

Kenedy had another useless/clueless  performance.

Perez ….*@%$!)+"<#:mad:

Agreed, I know Clark was really playing in a central 3 so the system was different to the flat four today but Clark should absolutely play over Manquillo even at full back.

Manquillo is so poor, I understand Kenedy could have done more for the cross but the fact is that was Snodgrass who was Manquillo’s man, while Manquillo was taking up a position in the box covering someone that one of our centre mids already had covered. 

38 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

Perhaps Rafa wanted to rotate the squad a bit because of the game midweek against Everton.  Play Manquillo at home vs. West Ham then Clark on Wednesday?

Fuck off with your commonsensical comments 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LooneyToony said:

Perhaps Rafa wanted to rotate the squad a bit because of the game midweek against Everton.  Play Manquillo at home vs. West Ham then Clark on Wednesday?

More than likely this is it. I just feel that Clark should be fresh enough to play considering he hasn’t played the majority of our games, whereas players like Ritchie and Kenedy will play the Everton match and have played all season. 

Whatever the case Manquillo being shite wasn’t really the issue (aside from the first goal). It was just a general lack of quality in most areas, especially Ayoze’s. I was actually really disappointed in Schar, he’s looked pretty assured in most games he has featured but was making some really odd decisions today. 

Edited by Howay

Overall we weren’t terrible but our quality was so bad in the final third that we were never winning that game. The quality simply isn’t there to even play to their limited potential every week. West Ham weren’t great and were there for the taking had we had anyone capable of scoring.

• Like 2