He can't be serious, can he?!

Isegrim

Picked from Comical Oli's drivel...

"Meanwhile, Souness looks as though he could have a problem elsewhere as his £50,000-a-week left-back Celestine Babayaro is back on the treatment table again."

:lol:

I bet Bernard wasn't offered that.

7020[/snapback]

There isn't a leftback in the country worth £50k a week. Stupid money.

7021[/snapback]

I agree but if it's true it suggests Bernard was treated rather shoddily to say the least. Also, the thing about the two first choice full backs at the club is that both Babyaro and Carr were injury-prone at their previous clubs, so it's not like we didn't know what we were getting. You could also argue they are little or no better than what we already had.

Nah paper talk man.

7022[/snapback]

The problem is even if Anal O. is exaggerating, the thought of LLP (lame left peg) picking up 25-40,000 quid a week makes me wanting to send Souness an annual ticket for London Undergroud...

I was under the impression that Baba was a very good defender whilst at Chelsea.

Man, was I mistaken! His positional sense makes Olly Bernard look like Nesta!

Seriously, last week against Depor, their right back, just over-lapped him, and he didn't even seem to grasp the concept of tracking him(N'Zogbia was marking the right midfielder, who was in possession). I was stunned to see a professional footballer seem so disinterested/crap.

I hope that we either sign a left back or equal or better quality, soon, can you imagine the displayes he'll put in with Elliott as his only competition? Christ!

In a sightly related topic, what's the story with Olly B not being good enough for Brum?

I know his positional sense wasn't great, but I always thought of him as a very handy player.....

He'd be alright if he was able to actually pass a ball to a teamate. Perhaps he's colour blind.

7051[/snapback]

Racist :lol:

7061[/snapback]

Actually, by insinuating he has a disability that makes him inferior I'm guilty under the Disability Discrimination Act. Erm...what's worse? :lol:

Picked from Comical Oli's drivel...

"Meanwhile, Souness looks as though he could have a problem elsewhere as his £50,000-a-week left-back Celestine Babayaro is back on the treatment table again."

;)

7019[/snapback]

if he is then this is the angriest i have ever felt about the club. Even after selling nobby. There can be no excuses if true, souness and shepheard have to go.

If this lazy useless excuse for a footballer Celestine Babyaro is on one penny more than Bernard was then Sourness and the Fat Controller should hang their heads in shame.

Bernard is an honest pro that wanted something extra, he's currently floating around without a contract. How much are we going to pay COCO the clown to do a similar or worse job than Bernard did for us? Also heard that COCO the clown wants more than £50k.

And before you all jump and say backward step etc, just take a look at Bernards replacements at NUFC. Bernard at least had guts, Sourness is totally screwing the club.

Bernard was good in the air, tough in the tackle, a '100 %-er' and he was good going forward. That's not to mention his good fitness record. He used to get caught out of position a bit too much but he was a canny bit better than Elliott and Babayaro. Sums the club up at the minute really.

Edited by alex

Why wont the club try and get Bernard back? He was always committed and didnt appear to want to leave. Crazy at bringing some playboy italian in who's never played in the prem before when Bernard is just waiting on a club to pick him up

Why wont the club try and get Bernard back? He was always committed and didnt appear to want to leave. Crazy at bringing some playboy italian in who's never played in the prem before when Bernard is just waiting on a club to pick him up

7543[/snapback]

Because Sourness is an arsehole and his ego gets in the way a little bit, don'forget the quote, "no-one is bigger than the football club, and all that matters is when you croos the white line on match days" oh I forgot, except Sourness, he thinks that he is bigger than the club.

FFS what a TFD. Any way Bernard is likely to tell him to FO.