Toon V Blackburn Rovers FA Cup 3rd Round

trooper

1 minute ago, Alex said:

It’s hard to get decent strikers when they’re about your 8th choice and you’ve got £6m to spend. Joselu is shit but the manager is working absolute wonders with the shite at his disposal. 

At the end of the day that's it aint it.

How much do I have to spend on a striker?  A packet of monster munch pickled onion and £3.50

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

At the end of the day that's it aint it.

How much do I have to spend on a striker?  A packet of monster munch pickled onion and £3.50

The focus of every fans ire should be the owner. Rafa is the best asset the club has by a fucking mile and he’s being chased purely because he’s not a yes man who can be easily bullied and actually has integrity. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

The focus of every fans ire should be the owner. Rafa is the best asset the club has by a fucking mile and he’s being chased purely because he’s not a yes man who can be easily bullied and actually has integrity. 

That’s it. Who’s better than Rafa that’s ready to step in. We finished tenth last season, it was a fucking miracle.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Play Joselu and Rondon, at least we'd have more of a threat, far too easy to play against one striker. Fucking hell he got rid of Adam Armstrong and he looked decent compared to our shower. What people fail to realise is Rafa's insistence on the system mean't he was only looking for ONE striker in the summer when we should have been in for THREE.

Did you see what happened as soon as we started attacking Man Utd after conceding? We got picked straight off and conceded another. Of course if he was playing 2 up front all the time and we were getting hit for 4 or 5 as a consequence that would be his fault too. No system will make that shower outperform better players, and if there is one Benitez would probably already know about it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That’s it. Who’s better than Rafa that’s ready to step in. We finished tenth last season, it was a fucking miracle.

Getting out the championship at the first time of asking is taken for granted too by many 

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Pretty much. In the transfer market he works without any idea what his budget actually is (just let that sink in for a manager of any caliber, let alone one who has won things), works with a MD who struggles to sign players with release clauses by trying to pay in instalments (Lejeune) and apparently fee's over a certain amount have to be approved by Ashley or some bloke who may or may not be employed by the club to oversee takeovers. It's a shit show. There's roadblock after roadblock after roadblock put in his way.

That's not to say he can't drop a bollock himself, but it's way down on the list of problems the club has.

Edited by The Mighty Hog
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Hog said:

Pretty much. In the transfer market he works without any idea what his budget actually is (just let that sink in for a manager of any caliber, let alone one who has won things), works with a MD who struggles to sign players with release clauses by trying to pay in instalments (Lejeune) and apparently fee's over a certain amount have to be approved by Ashley or some bloke who may or may not be employed by the club to oversee takeovers. It's a shit show. There's roadblock after roadblock after roadblock put in his way.

That's not to say he can't drop a bollock himself, but it's way down on the list of problems the club has.

Pretty sure he's also not allowed to sign players over the age of 28 too, if you can get your head around that :lol:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Muto is a striker btw

Aye my Joselu answer was to today's lineup, Muto wasn't in the squad so fuck off @ewerk You know I'm right as per, just change the system up as it's boring as fuck and so predictable to play against that we have lost 8 at home this season.

4 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I understand as much as anyone what he has to work with but you have to try and change ANYTHING you can to turn results, Rafa won't as he's a stubborn cunt.

He's probably as pissed off as us lot & is just running the clock down until he leaves in May. There's no incentive for him here now. I think it's taken him a while but I think the penny's finally dropped 

FFS. If Muto was good enough to be getting a game then he would have been getting one. Same goes with Mitro.

The target this season remains survival and so far he’s achieving that. I’m not sure what you expect but you’re as mad as a left winger believing in Brexit.

Edited by ewerk

Rafa’s post-match comments were this is the worst possible result because of the replay and the threat of more injuries.

I appreciate his honesty but who said the romance of the cup as dead? 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

FFS. If Muto was good enough to be getting a game then he would have been getting one. Same goes with Mitro.

The target this season remains survival and so far he’s achieving that. I’m not sure what you expect but you’re as mad as a left winger believing in Brexit.

Why sign him then if he didn't think he was good enough? Don't say numbers as there were plenty of options on the market other than him. You can hand on heart say he's got his tactics right in every home game this season? Honestly? Because you are full of fucking shit in your strange defence of the manager.

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

Why sign him then if he didn't think he was good enough? Don't say numbers as there were plenty of options on the market other than him. You can hand on heart say he's got his tactics right in every home game this season? Honestly? Because you are full of fucking shit in your strange defence of the manager.

:lol: 

He signed Joselu :lol: The worst striker we've seen for many years, Mitrovic is a better player but it's another example of adapting but he refused to change his system to play 2 strikers when he was at the club.

Look I totally agree finishing 10th last season was a miracle but we're talking about this season and results and performances simply haven't been good enough, Rafa isn't free from blame in that. 8 defeats at home and some abject displays falls at everyone's feet.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

CHANGE THE SYSTEM, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT, MAKE THE OPPOSITION MANAGER ACTUALLY HAVE TO THINK ABOUT WHAT TACTICS HE NEEDS TO PLAY. RIGHT NOW WHOEVER HAS TO PLAY US AT SJP CAN SEE WE WILL PLAY ONE UP FRONT IN EVERY GAME, THEY CAN PLAN THEIR TACTICS NOW.

FUCK ME SOME OF YOU CUNTS ARE THICK AS FUCK.

It wasn't a case of selling either Mitro or Joselu though. I'm sure if he could he'd have flogged them both and signed replacements he would of. In fact people should be fucking fuming that Mitro was sold and no replacement was signed. It was on the cards for two or three windows that it wasn't working out. Not out of the blue. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

CHANGE THE SYSTEM, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT, MAKE THE OPPOSITION MANAGER ACTUALLY HAVE TO THINK ABOUT WHAT TACTICS HE NEEDS TO PLAY. RIGHT NOW WHOEVER HAS TO PLAY US AT SJP CAN SEE WE WILL PLAY ONE UP FRONT IN EVERY GAME, THEY CAN PLAN THEIR TACTICS NOW.

FUCK ME SOME OF YOU CUNTS ARE THICK AS FUCK.

PARKLIFE.

• Haha 3