Toon V Blackburn Rovers FA Cup 3rd Round

trooper

Putting Rondon & Atsu on together around 50 mins wouldn't have been a bad idea.  There again I haven't won the European Cup :cuppa:

Did Rafa really want this stay in the cup?... probably not. Probably doesn't want a relegation on his CV. But at the end of the day that, indisputably all of this utter fuckin train wreck, is down to Ashley. 

• Like 2

It was absolutely awful on Saturday like.  The only ones who didn't look completely out of their depth were Lejeune, Schaar, Ritchie and maybe Longstaff (possibly just because he wanted to play).

And to add the pitiful performance none of the usual supporters were there round where I sit so I had to listen to morons behind me who didn't know what league Blackburn were in, didn't know who half of our players were and couldn't understand why Murphy would be low on confidence when he hasn't even been playing!  And there were bairns who also didn't have a clue and just shouted out rubbish and made up their own songs.  I know we need to encourage young supporters as much as possible but they really are irritating during the match.

I don't think we can play 2 up front with the squad we've got available. Rondon has looked paggered about 70 minutes into every game, so why give him another 90 minutes to play? Why risk him in a competition we simply haven't the depth, nor league safety to take seriously?

Our wide men have, to a man, been shit this season, so those two forwards would be starved of decent service, no?

We've no creativity in the centre of the park without a fit Shelvey, certainly not now Ki has gone for international duty. 

I can't think of many teams that play with two up front anyway? Most play with one centre forward and a couple of attackers wide of him, don't they?

And who've we got in that position? Rondon, Joselu, Muto and Sorensen? Only one of those is actually performing well in the Premier League. Why would you put two of them up front together? Beyond a Mike Basset "4-4-Fucking-2" twitch.

Benitez could maybe have given Sorensen a go, but the kids he's faced for the U21s are a mile away from Championship opposition (let alone Premier League). He could maybe have made substitutes earlier, but the longer Rondon, Shelvey and Perez play on Saturday, the greater the risk they won't feature against Chelsea.

19 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't think we can play 2 up front with the squad we've got available. Rondon has looked paggered about 70 minutes into every game, so why give him another 90 minutes to play? Why risk him in a competition we simply haven't the depth, nor league safety to take seriously?

Our wide men have, to a man, been shit this season, so those two forwards would be starved of decent service, no?

We've no creativity in the centre of the park without a fit Shelvey, certainly not now Ki has gone for international duty. 

I can't think of many teams that play with two up front anyway? Most play with one centre forward and a couple of attackers wide of him, don't they?

And who've we got in that position? Rondon, Joselu, Muto and Sorensen? Only one of those is actually performing well in the Premier League. Why would you put two of them up front together? Beyond a Mike Basset "4-4-Fucking-2" twitch.

Benitez could maybe have given Sorensen a go, but the kids he's faced for the U21s are a mile away from Championship opposition (let alone Premier League). He could maybe have made substitutes earlier, but the longer Rondon, Shelvey and Perez play on Saturday, the greater the risk they won't feature against Chelsea.

give him a go. can't be worse than joselu

image.png.4c57f34f701e9527c85a6c7305c8b056.png

Edited by Dr Gloom

2-1 Adam Armstrong with a good run and finish, they played that well.

Poor by Sterry (I think) though, absolutely no where near Graham then, didn't even challenge for the ball in the air.