Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Already think there's too much attention on this kid. Sure, he's banging them in for the kids, but he'd probably be better off playing some league football outside the Premier League before we start pinning our hopes on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Already think there's too much attention on this kid. Sure, he's banging them in for the kids, but he'd probably be better off playing some league football outside the Premier League before we start pinning our hopes on him.

 

Yeah, but I think everyone is craving someone great coming through the youth ranks. Don't think we have had anyone great since Andy Carroll. And then he buggered off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

We've seen it all before, young kid banging goals in at youth level then never gets a chance at senior level and moves on. That's always been the problem with the club, far too many talented young players with potential fail to step up to the first team squad and make an impact. Hopefully this lad is different.

I agree, but very few of them end up banging them in at any level, once they leave - Campbell, Armstrong, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Interesting that, despite having the shittest group of strikers in the league, Rafa is willing to give Sterry, Longstaff and Roberts game time ahead of Elias

 

He doesn't really have anyone else to rotate into their positions at the moment though. With Dummet, Diame, Ki, Shelvey and Kenedy all unavailable he has to bring in the youngsters or we wouldn't have an 11 to field.

 

He has senior strikers, even if we think they're shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, strawb said:

Am I being soft here or is Strerry a right back and the other two midfielders while Sorensen is a centre forward? 

 

 

Nah you're right, the only thing to compare them by is their ages.

 

Actually Sterry is 4 years older than Sorenson and the other two are 2 years older anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 23:33, Andrew said:

 

Nah you're right, the only thing to compare them by is their ages.

 

Actually Sterry is 4 years older than Sorenson and the other two are 2 years older anyway.

 

Sorensen is the u23 league top scorer this season. I get that he's not ready to start first team games but I can't fathom how he's deemed less of an option that Joselu

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

 

Sorensen is the u23 league top scorer this season. I get that he's not ready to start first team games but I can't fathom how he's deemed less of an option that Joselu

 

It might be that with him being too lightweight Rafa doesn't think he'll be any more effective, which would be fair, and doesn't want to batter his confidence when smashing them in at u23 level is better for his development right now.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can see the desire for a change but playing a young kid upfront in our setup is s probably hanging him out to dry. Would certainly like to see him as an option on the bench though. Centre mid is different, you’re always in the game 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...