Elias Sorensen

Ayatollah Hermione

Already think there's too much attention on this kid. Sure, he's banging them in for the kids, but he'd probably be better off playing some league football outside the Premier League before we start pinning our hopes on him.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Already think there's too much attention on this kid. Sure, he's banging them in for the kids, but he'd probably be better off playing some league football outside the Premier League before we start pinning our hopes on him.

Yeah, but I think everyone is craving someone great coming through the youth ranks. Don't think we have had anyone great since Andy Carroll. And then he buggered off.

There was tallk about him going out on loan to Gateshead or somewhere like that.  That seems a complete waste of time since he's already scored goals against football league teams this season.  Surely we need to see him in league 2 at least.

We've seen it all before, young kid banging goals in at youth level then never gets a chance at senior level and moves on. That's always been the problem with the club, far too many talented young players with potential fail to step up to the first team squad and make an impact. Hopefully this lad is different.

• Like 1

He is very technically gifted but a bit lightweight for senior football atm. Heard from a friend who is a coach at Boro youth. 

Probably be another in a long line of promising youths who don’t make it but I hope otherwise

12 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

We've seen it all before, young kid banging goals in at youth level then never gets a chance at senior level and moves on. That's always been the problem with the club, far too many talented young players with potential fail to step up to the first team squad and make an impact. Hopefully this lad is different.

I agree, but very few of them end up banging them in at any level, once they leave - Campbell, Armstrong, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Interesting that, despite having the shittest group of strikers in the league, Rafa is willing to give Sterry, Longstaff and Roberts game time ahead of Elias

He doesn't really have anyone else to rotate into their positions at the moment though. With Dummet, Diame, Ki, Shelvey and Kenedy all unavailable he has to bring in the youngsters or we wouldn't have an 11 to field.

He has senior strikers, even if we think they're shit.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Interesting that, despite having the shittest group of strikers in the league, Rafa is willing to give Sterry, Longstaff and Roberts game time ahead of Elias

Elias is not dermed ready yet, there’s a good chance he’ll go out on loan next season in Scotland.

12 minutes ago, strawb said:

Am I being soft here or is Strerry a right back and the other two midfielders while Sorensen is a centre forward? 

Nah you're right, the only thing to compare them by is their ages.

Actually Sterry is 4 years older than Sorenson and the other two are 2 years older anyway.

On 1/17/2019 at 23:33, Andrew said:

Nah you're right, the only thing to compare them by is their ages.

Actually Sterry is 4 years older than Sorenson and the other two are 2 years older anyway.

Sorensen is the u23 league top scorer this season. I get that he's not ready to start first team games but I can't fathom how he's deemed less of an option that Joselu

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Sorensen is the u23 league top scorer this season. I get that he's not ready to start first team games but I can't fathom how he's deemed less of an option that Joselu

It might be that with him being too lightweight Rafa doesn't think he'll be any more effective, which would be fair, and doesn't want to batter his confidence when smashing them in at u23 level is better for his development right now.

• Like 2

Can see the desire for a change but playing a young kid upfront in our setup is s probably hanging him out to dry. Would certainly like to see him as an option on the bench though. Centre mid is different, you’re always in the game