Nufc vs Warnock's Jonny Foreigners

TheGingerQuiff

An outstanding performance for this group of players, I believe. Can’t fault anyone for application and I refuse to criticise them on the basis of ability with this owner. The manager is a gift from the gods as he will keep us up and a hound of hell for making life easier for Ashley.

• Like 1

Schar, Lascelles, Lejeune and Fernandez are potentially in the top 6 or 7 centre halves we've had at the club in 30 years.

Who was better? Woodgate? Colo in spells?

Add them to the best keeper we've had, and one of the best managers we have ever had and its fucking scandalous we are battling relegation. If Ashley dropped £100mil on the midfield and strikers we would be pushing the top 6 imo

Edited by Kid Dynamite

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Schar, Lascelles, Lejeune and Fernandez are potentially in the top 6 or 7 centre halves we've had at the club in 30 years.

Add them to the best keeper we've had, and one of the best managers we have ever had and its fucking scandalous we are battling relegation. If Ashley dropped £100mil on the midfield and strikers we would be pushing the top 6 imo

We've never had as many good centre halfs at one time in my time. Colo was good for about two seasons, utterly tragic the rest of the time, Taylor had spells where you thought he looked the part but was mainly a joker, (injuries didn't help). Woodgate was class but injuries fucked him. Going back big Peter Jackson was a great captain and a proper centre half and who didn't like Roeder's shuffle? Howey was a touch of class and Albert was on another level but not necessarily from a defending view point. :D

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Our system protects our centre halves to such extent that it's probably not the case that they're the best individuals. Even small details like having a disciplined striker instead of a mad man contribute to that ;)

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

We've never had as many good centre halfs at one time in my time. Colo was good for about two seasons, utterly tragic the rest of the time, Taylor had spells where you thought he looked the part but was mainly a joker, (injuries didn't help). Woodgate was class but injuries fucked him. Going back big Peter Jackson was a great captain and a proper centre half and who didn't like Roeder's shuffle? Howey was a touch of class and Albert was on another level but not necessarily from a defending view point. :D

I know Roeder was captain but Jacko was as well I'm sure, if only a stand in. 

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Our system protects our centre halves to such extent that it's probably not the case that they're the best individuals. Even small details like having a disciplined striker instead of a mad man contribute to that ;)

Bollocks. 

Winning every ball into the box over 90 mins, cutting out crosses, last ditch slide tackles, all have fuck all to do with Rondon playing 70yds away

Edited by Kid Dynamite

22 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Taylor? :razz: 

Brilliant day out. Atmosphere unrecognisable from the arsenal game, which was my last home outing this season, with plenty of noise coming from the east stand/gallowgate corner. It was striking that the anti-Ashley songs were the loudest all game, and were chanted even louder after each goal.

I had my lucky mascot seven year old lad with me - we only score three goals when he comes. All the people sat around us in the milburn sports bar were dead canny, laughing at his plummy London accent and ruffling his hair, saying he was our lucky charm.

As for the game, how refreshing to see us dominate for 90 minutes for once. The ref gave us nowt as per but Cardiff are utter shit like. I’ll be very surprised if they survive. Rondon gave a master class in hold up play, bullying centre halves throughout. Longstaff looks very assured and Ritchie and Atsu both had good games. Schar and Lejeune also very impressive defensively and comfortable on the ball. The way we play the ball our confidently from the back is great. 

If only yedlin could cross or pass. He’s so quick and gets into dangerous positions throughout, just can’t pick out a man. 

• Like 2