Nufc vs Warnock's Jonny Foreigners

TheGingerQuiff

Decent win after a bit of a nervous start from both sides, nobody seemed to want to commit too much early on. Liking Longstaff , held his own in midfield which is surprising for a young lad.

Tight at the bottom now, only 2 points between next 3 or 4 teams above.

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Your boy not following a London side then @Dr Gloom

No, he only just got into football properly since the World Cup and so far he is sticking with me. His mates at school are all Liverpool or Man City fans, (I know), so who knows how long he’ll stick with it. 

• Like 1

Palace are our local side, next nearest is millwall 😳. If he does defect, I wouldn’t mind if he supported palace - it’s the kids who follow the big successful clubs they have no connection with I can’t abide. Like most of my mates down here who are textbook Liverpool fans because they grew up in the 80s when they were winning everything 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

We've never had as many good centre halfs at one time in my time. Colo was good for about two seasons, utterly tragic the rest of the time, Taylor had spells where you thought he looked the part but was mainly a joker, (injuries didn't help). Woodgate was class but injuries fucked him. Going back big Peter Jackson was a great captain and a proper centre half and who didn't like Roeder's shuffle? Howey was a touch of class and Albert was on another level but not necessarily from a defending view point. :D

In your time perhaps, but you need to go further back and the name Frank Brennan will jump out.

52 minutes ago, Noelie said:

In your time perhaps, but you need to go further back and the name Frank Brennan will jump out.

Good call, Noelie. Frank Brennan is an underrated actor who was excellent in the crime drama Looper.  He wasn't bad in Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter either.

21 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

Good call, Noelie. Frank Brennan is an underrated actor who was excellent in the crime drama Looper.  He wasn't bad in Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter either.

Not that one dumbshit, the one who was centre-half at Newcastle for 10 years, winning 2 FA Cups 1951-1952.:razz:

You’ve got to fancy Cardiff for the drop based on that, regardless of whether or not this striker they’re getting is any good or not. Dubravka could have ran a BBQ in his 6 yard box for how much he had to do. Some excellent blocks from our lads but Cardiff looked completely out of ideas as soon as we scored. Longstaff looked decent, as you’d hope against that shower of shit but he’ll take a load of confidence from that kind of performance. Rondon is a complete tank; Bamba was powerless to resist and I loved him taking the piss with the stepovers before the assist for Perez :lol: He had them beaten all ends up and he knew it. Not sure we were particularly good but it was a result we needed going into the next few games. Hopefully we can knock Watford out of the cup to keep some positive momentum going into the Man City game but if not, this gives me some hope that we’ll be able to win the

important home games that are coming up

• Like 4

Aye Cardiff and Huddersfield comfortably the worst two teams in the division. But the former have just spent £18m on a striker, which could change their woeful attack into something resembling competence.

It's insane that we're not spending money.

If we''re honest Cardiff were rubbish & we weren't that much better. Even at 2 nil up we didn't look comfortable & it wasn't until the 3rd went in we could breathe a sigh of relief. The 3 - 0  scoreline flattered us & we're still in trouble unless Rafa's allowed to pull a hat out of a rabbit before the window closes next week. Granted Huddersfield & Cardiff will probably go down but we''re very much in the mix with our next 3 premiership games being 

Man City

Spurs

Wolves

TBH even if we do survive relegation again what'll be the point as next season (Rafa will be gone) we'll be saddled with a washed up has been manager who ironicly will probably be given money to waste. I hope as people are saying they're jacking in their season tickets this year the club is a mere shadow of its former self. The fans don't deserve Ashley & Ashley doesnt deserve the fans. He's taking the piss good & proper giving Rafa no money yet at the same time buying HOF, Debenhams, Evans Cycles & now probably HMV. The best thing to do is stay out of the ground until at some point he sells up & sods off history tells us things will only get worse while he still owns the club. Save your money & your sanity stay out of SJP & fuck Ashley.

16 minutes ago, trooper said:

If we''re honest Cardiff were rubbish & we weren't that much better. Even at 2 nil up we didn't look comfortable & it wasn't until the 3rd went in we could breathe a sigh of relief. The 3 - 0  scoreline flattered us

Really? I'm only going off highlights and stats admittedly but we had more possession, more shots, more shots on target (they had 1) and I don't recall seeing a series chance be crafted by them and our goals were all well deserved. We were comfortable enough for rondon to voluntarily put the ball out when he had tons of space in the box following his Robert-ing of bennett and it not cost us in the slightest.

19 minutes ago, trooper said:

If we''re honest Cardiff were rubbish & we weren't that much better. Even at 2 nil up we didn't look comfortable & it wasn't until the 3rd went in we could breathe a sigh of relief. The 3 - 0  scoreline flattered us & we're still in trouble unless Rafa's allowed to pull a hat out of a rabbit before the window closes next week. Granted Huddersfield & Cardiff will probably go down but we''re very much in the mix with our next 3 premiership games being 

Man City

Spurs

Wolves

TBH even if we do survive relegation again what'll be the point as next season (Rafa will be gone) we'll be saddled with a washed up has been manager who ironicly will probably be given money to waste. I hope as people are saying they're jacking in their season tickets this year the club is a mere shadow of its former self. The fans don't deserve Ashley & Ashley doesnt deserve the fans. He's taking the piss good & proper giving Rafa no money yet at the same time buying HOF, Debenhams, Evans Cycles & now probably HMV. The best thing to do is stay out of the ground until at some point he sells up & sods off history tells us things will only get worse while he still owns the club. Save your money & your sanity stay out of SJP & fuck Ashley.

No offence but this is total bollocks. Cardiff were shit but we dominated the ball, created loads of chances and never looked like conceding. You can only beat what’s in front of you but it was by far the most convincing performance I’ve seen from us this season . 

I hate the fat twat as much as anyone but I won’t let him stop me from supporting my club and trying to get my son involved. I had a great day at the match. A particular highlight was when my boy asked me what a bastard was when the you FCB, get out of our club chants rant around the ground. We’ll be here long after Ashley departs. I’m fucked if I’m going to stop supporting the team until then. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Really? I'm only going off highlights and stats admittedly but we had more possession, more shots, more shots on target (they had 1) and I don't recall seeing a series chance be crafted by them and our goals were all well deserved. We were comfortable enough for rondon to voluntarily put the ball out when he had tons of space in the box following his Robert-ing of bennett and it not cost us in the slightest.

Just my opinion of course but even when we were 2 up I felt they could still get something 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

No offence but this is total bollocks. Cardiff were shit but we dominated the ball, created loads of chances and never looked like conceding. You can only beat what’s in front of you but it was by far the most convincing performance I’ve seen from us this season . 

I hate the fat twat as much as anyone but I won’t let him stop me from supporting my club and trying to get my son involved. I had a great day at the match. A particular highlight was when my boy asked me what a bastard was when the you FCB, get out of our club chants rant around the ground. We’ll be here long after Ashley departs. I’m fucked if I’m going to stop supporting the team until then. 

Good lad Gloomy Ashley will be proud of you 

• Jaysus... 2

On 19/01/2019 at 20:17, Noelie said:

Frank Brennan? I'm surprised you picked as recent a player as him. Half expected you to say Bill McCracken. :D

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Ah lets not start that bullshit! 

You're not a better fan for jacking in than someone else is who has different priorities.

Aye your right Andrew sorry about that Gloomy no offence mate 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Frank Brennan? I'm surprised you picked as recent a player as him. Half expected you to say Bill McCracken. :D

Never saw McCracken play, I was sucking on me mam's tit when he was managing Gateshead.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1