Salomon Rondon

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Like @zerosum said, first couple of months of the season he wasnt fit.   Also like he's said.  He is great at bringing others into play.  His first touch is class, he can see a decent pass and holds up play well.  Some of the play this season if it was people like Aguero, Salah, Messi etc the press would have been making him look like a decorators radio. 

Almiron, Rondon and a revitalised Perez form a good balanced attack, speed, power and trickery. To let him go would be insanity. I think it will come down to whether West Brom secure promotion and whether Ashley tries to excessively penny pinch because his contract is running down.

We need some depth beyond these as Joselu isn't up to it.

There is a thing I don't understand in the Rondon loan.

Rondon has contract with WBA until june 2019 according Transfermakrt. 

I mean, his contract expiring this summer and we can sign him permanent for free...

But everybody press says we have a Buying option for 16'5 if WBA keeps next year in Championship.

Maybe he singing a new contract with WBA before the loan or WBA has an option to give 12 months more...

Edited by Diego21

He’s a good focus of the attack, what I’ve noticed recently and was very clear in the Everton game is he likes to get goal side of his man and back into them halting their run before accelerating onto the ball.

I know he’s ‘only’ had 8 goals but he has struggled for fitness for a lot of the season and we’re a side that generally doesn’t score many, the ones he has scored have generally won us points since we are so solid at the back. 

I agree the front 3 of Rondon with Perez and Almiron playing off him has potential. It’ll all disappear at the end of the season when bitch tits messes Benitez about further then penny pinches WBA so we end with no Rafa and no Rondon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howay said:

........................................................ since we are so solid at the back. 

Not sure that'a an accurate assessment considering how many goals we've leaked, and some sloppy ones at that.:huh:

31 minutes ago, PhilK said:

Certainly become a fans favourite with even better to come I think

You got any more meaningless cliches in the locker?

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Noelie said:

Not sure that'a an accurate assessment considering how many goals we've leaked, and some sloppy ones at that.:huh:

Well seeing as we haven’t leaked many goals relative to most other teams in the league it’s more accurate than your counter argument appears to be 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, zerosum said:

Whilst I can see what you’re saying, I meant with Rondon that he’s 29 and at the high age range of a modern day prem player. But if we got 3 good seasons from him to his early 30s it would be a good buy. Not just for say 10+ goals per season if he’s on form, but his all round play. He’s a good all round player imo.

His game isn't based on his speed or agility so his age doesn't matter so much. Peter Crouch played nearly every game for Stoke last season aged 37 and still scored a handful of goals

He's the type of player who instantly makes everyone around him better. Aimless balls out of defence become potential counter attacks when they're aimed in Rondon's direction. Perez's weaknesses are partially ameliorated when he has a bulldozer (instead of diver Gayle or donkey Joselu) to partner up front, so he looks much better as well. For a team usually cursed with injuries we've been lucky to have him fit for as long as we have (I know I've gone and ruined it now) because without him we would be a pretty pedestrian side. 

• 2 weeks later...