Salomon Rondon

wykikitoon

Aye, there’s no use worrying about this one as it’s not happening.

While I obviously hope it does as getting a player of his calibre in the current market for £16.5m is good business, Ashley isn’t paying that for a 29 year old. Even if he agrees to it and Rafa signs, it’ll be intentionally dragged out so by the time we get close to agreeing a fee he’ll be signing for another PL side. 

Edited by Howay

I genuinely think that Rafa and Rondon will be here next season. It might be a ridiculous dream but I'm willing to believe.

Mind, Bolasie is a fucking nightmare person and I'd rather not sign him once than sign Joselu twice.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

This from the BBC...

West Bromwich Albion have opted not to sign Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle following his season on loan with the Championship play-off semi-finalists.

On 20/05/2019 at 11:26, Kid Dynamite said:

One of the promoted clubs would surely be interested? If not I'd rather have Gayle off the bench than Joselu. He's fine as a backup striker 

Agreed but it’s probably a luxury we can’t afford 

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Agreed but it’s probably a luxury we can’t afford 

I can't see him being on serious money given we signed him after relegation. Whilst I wouldn't mind him as an option off the bench as he's better than Joselu, the problem arises if whoever's first choice gets injured and we're stuck with him starting. 

35 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I can't see him being on serious money given we signed him after relegation. Whilst I wouldn't mind him as an option off the bench as he's better than Joselu, the problem arises if whoever's first choice gets injured and we're stuck with him starting. 

It was more from the pov that he’s an asset that would be sold rather than the hierarchy allowing him to sit on the bench. I mean the club could afford him in theory but it’s unlikely we’d choose to. It’s fucking ludicrous given Rondon getting a bad injury in February probably would’ve seen us relegated 

The lack of depth up front is shocking like. We should sign Rondon and a similar player or two as understudy get rid of Joselu then have Gayle as third or fourth choice. 

8 hours ago, 247 said:

What did Gayle get like 5 in the prem last season? Him consistently blowing good chances stick in my mind more than his actual goals :lol:

His first touch isn’t good enough at that level either imo. 

9 hours ago, 247 said:

What did Gayle get like 5 in the prem last season? Him consistently blowing good chances stick in my mind more than his actual goals :lol:

The difference in his goalscoring between the two levels is quite something, I know you have to back yourself very strongly if you're a pro but if I were him I'd be looking for a championship club so I could bang in 20+ a season no bother and actually enjoy it.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/118326/History/Dwight-Gayle

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Wouldn't keep Gayle tbh. Would keep Rondon as 3rd choice behind Dybala and Mbappe

I don’t think Rondon is good enough for that role 

13 hours ago, Andrew said:

The difference in his goalscoring between the two levels is quite something, I know you have to back yourself very strongly if you're a pro but if I were him I'd be looking for a championship club so I could bang in 20+ a season no bother and actually enjoy it.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/118326/History/Dwight-Gayle

Especially when he'll get a decent wedge in the Championship and it's unlikely a Premier League club would top that significantly. Not for a player who doesn't look capable of scoring in the top flight.

• 1 month later...

Rafa Benitez's new side Dalian Yifang have agreed a deal with West Brom to sign Salomon Rondon, Sky Sports News understands.

The Chinese Super League club are now in discussions with the Venezuela striker and a deal could be agreed with him by Wednesday.

Rondon is said to be keen on working with Benitez again, having played under him on loan at Newcastle last season.

The 29-year-old's contract at West Brom has a release clause of £16.5m.