Jump to content

Recommended Posts

the dwight gayle loan / transfer could still go in our favour here. west brom would surely like him back again with the amount of goals he scored. and I’m sure rondon would come back should mike pay the wages he wants. we will see, hope we get him though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, there’s no use worrying about this one as it’s not happening.

 

While I obviously hope it does as getting a player of his calibre in the current market for £16.5m is good business, Ashley isn’t paying that for a 29 year old. Even if he agrees to it and Rafa signs, it’ll be intentionally dragged out so by the time we get close to agreeing a fee he’ll be signing for another PL side. 

Edited by Howay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely think that Rafa and Rondon will be here next season. It might be a ridiculous dream but I'm willing to believe.

 

Mind, Bolasie is a fucking nightmare person and I'd rather not sign him once than sign Joselu twice.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This from the BBC...

West Bromwich Albion have opted not to sign Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle following his season on loan with the Championship play-off semi-finalists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the promoted clubs would surely be interested? If not I'd rather have Gayle off the bench than Joselu. He's fine as a backup striker 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

One of the promoted clubs would surely be interested? If not I'd rather have Gayle off the bench than Joselu. He's fine as a backup striker 

Better than The Hoss, aye, but not good enough as a back up Premier League striker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2019 at 11:26, Kid Dynamite said:

One of the promoted clubs would surely be interested? If not I'd rather have Gayle off the bench than Joselu. He's fine as a backup striker 

Agreed but it’s probably a luxury we can’t afford 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Agreed but it’s probably a luxury we can’t afford 

 

I can't see him being on serious money given we signed him after relegation. Whilst I wouldn't mind him as an option off the bench as he's better than Joselu, the problem arises if whoever's first choice gets injured and we're stuck with him starting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

 

I can't see him being on serious money given we signed him after relegation. Whilst I wouldn't mind him as an option off the bench as he's better than Joselu, the problem arises if whoever's first choice gets injured and we're stuck with him starting. 

It was more from the pov that he’s an asset that would be sold rather than the hierarchy allowing him to sit on the bench. I mean the club could afford him in theory but it’s unlikely we’d choose to. It’s fucking ludicrous given Rondon getting a bad injury in February probably would’ve seen us relegated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lack of depth up front is shocking like. We should sign Rondon and a similar player or two as understudy get rid of Joselu then have Gayle as third or fourth choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did Gayle get like 5 in the prem last season? Him consistently blowing good chances stick in my mind more than his actual goals :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 247 said:

What did Gayle get like 5 in the prem last season? Him consistently blowing good chances stick in my mind more than his actual goals :lol:

His first touch isn’t good enough at that level either imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 247 said:

What did Gayle get like 5 in the prem last season? Him consistently blowing good chances stick in my mind more than his actual goals :lol:

 

The difference in his goalscoring between the two levels is quite something, I know you have to back yourself very strongly if you're a pro but if I were him I'd be looking for a championship club so I could bang in 20+ a season no bother and actually enjoy it.

 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/118326/History/Dwight-Gayle

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Wouldn't keep Gayle tbh. Would keep Rondon as 3rd choice behind Dybala and Mbappe

I don’t think Rondon is good enough for that role 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Andrew said:

 

The difference in his goalscoring between the two levels is quite something, I know you have to back yourself very strongly if you're a pro but if I were him I'd be looking for a championship club so I could bang in 20+ a season no bother and actually enjoy it.

 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/118326/History/Dwight-Gayle

 

 

Especially when he'll get a decent wedge in the Championship and it's unlikely a Premier League club would top that significantly. Not for a player who doesn't look capable of scoring in the top flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×