Salomon Rondon

wykikitoon

Former Ireland striker and talkSPORT pundit Tony Cascarino believes he has the potential to be a “£50million striker”.

“In January last year, Alan Pardew persuaded West Bromwich Albion to turn down £38million from China for Salomon Rondon,” Cascarino told The Times.

“If he keeps playing like this, he could be a £50million striker. There hasn’t been a better signing this season, but he is only on loan at Newcastle. If they can make it permanent, they should because he can be a Champions League player.”

2 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Well Tony Cacarino isn’t overly bright.

Exactly. As if West Brom turned down 38m for him, let alone at the insistence of Alan Pardew.

Well sadly not, I was thinking more along the lines of if West Brom dont go up we might be able to scrape together another loan deal with them.. and yeah £30m for Rondon is to much. Wolves just paid £30 for Jimenez

1 hour ago, 247 said:

Well sadly not, I was thinking more along the lines of if West Brom dont go up we might be able to scrape together another loan deal with them.. and yeah £30m for Rondon is to much. Wolves just paid £30 for Jimenez

I don't disagree, but Wolves have paid too much for Jimenez. He's been bang average his whole career

On 04/04/2019 at 19:28, Kid Dynamite said:

I don't disagree, but Wolves have paid too much for Jimenez. He's been bang average his whole career

15 in 37 for Wolves this season according to wiki, wouldn’t say that’s bang average tbf.. but worth £30m? Not sure of that either 

Rondon has 10 in 27 for us as a comparison. I know stats arnt everything but going off that, their age ect there are similarities.. it’s mental what £30m gets you now compared to 5 years ago even.

Edited by 247

1 hour ago, 247 said:

15 in 37 for Wolves this season according to wiki, wouldn’t say that’s bang average tbf.. but worth £30m? Not sure of that either 

Rondon has 10 in 27 for us as a comparison. I know stats arnt everything but going off that, their age ect there are similarities.. it’s mental what £30m gets you now compared to 5 years ago even.

Aye, the market is mental these days. Some decidedly average players going for three times what we paid for Cabaye.

Ashley is still expecting to unearth those kinds of bargains, at those kinds of prices, but football has moved on and because he's refused to invest in the youth set up properly, we have to buy players, instead of producing our own. Either to sell to fund purchases, or play ourselves.

3 hours ago, 247 said:

15 in 37 for Wolves this season according to wiki, wouldn’t say that’s bang average tbf..

Ok, bang average his whole career, except the last 6 months. He got 1 in 21 for a very good Athletico Madrid team and Benfica were happy to loan him out for a season despite being the most expensive transfer in their history.

He's cost €38mil apparently, which is mental. Makes Rondon at £16mil look cheap

Edited by Kid Dynamite

• 3 weeks later...

To Ashley Pirlo would not of been worth any money. He was still quality when he retired at 37 or something.

Mike does not see that an older player might have some experience to help young players develop around quality instead of bargin buys.

• 2 weeks later...