Miguel Almiron

wykikitoon

Being from Atlanta and a huge ATL United fanatic, I'm (We) areĀ going to certainly miss Miguel.Ā  It was well known when he came to Atlanta that his ultimate goal was to play in the Premier.Ā  The team knew it and the fan base knew it.Ā  His dream has come true but he will be sorely missed here butĀ I must addĀ we are very happy for him.

Ā 

You will be impressed with his game intellect, play making ability, unselfishnesĀ and especially his pure speed.Ā  He is also a humble and class act.Ā  I've always wanted a Premier league team to root for and now IĀ have one.Ā  Godspeed Miguel.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Ravenwhyte
  • Like 7

Between here and reddit, its been unusual (and nice) to see the outpouring of affection for Almiron from Atlantas fans. Seems rare that players move on to "bigger" things and are sent away with such good will from the fans.

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Itā€™s because the Americans donā€™t understand anything about football

Ā 

Ā 

We know anything and everything about football......We just don't know much about soccer :)........

Ā 

Not really true though.Ā  I've been playing since I was 5 and 30 years later I'm still playing....I promise you we get it, most of us anyway.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Ravenwhyte

2 hours ago, Ravenwhyte said:

Ā 

Ā 

We know anything and everything about football......We just don't know much about soccer :)........

Ā 

Not really true though.Ā  I've been playing since I was 5 and 30 years later I'm still playing....I promise you we get it, most of us anyway.

Ā 

Ā 

What is the plural of Lego?

Ā 

Think long and hard about your answerĀ :D

4 hours ago, Ravenwhyte said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Did you know that a game of American "Football" can be played in its entirety with the ball beingĀ kicked only twice?Ā  1st half kick-off - 2nd half kick-off,Ā  Ā so why "Football"?Ā :)

5 hours ago, Noelie said:

Ā 

Did you know that a game of American "Football" can be played in its entirety with the ball beingĀ kicked only twice?Ā  1st half kick-off - 2nd half kick-off,Ā  Ā so why "Football"?Ā :)

Rugby Football, Association Football, Gaelic Football, Aussie Rules Football, American Football.

Ā 

It's their national sport so no mystery why they just call it "football".Ā  Same as there's no mystery why soccer, the most popular version of the game is known as just "football" in much of the World.

14 hours ago, Ravenwhyte said:

Being from Atlanta and a huge ATL United fanatic, I'm (We) areĀ going to certainly miss Miguel.Ā  It was well known when he came to Atlanta that his ultimate goal was to play in the Premier.Ā  The team knew it and the fan base knew it.Ā  His dream has come true but he will be sorely missed here butĀ I must addĀ we are very happy for him.

Ā 

You will be impressed with his game intellect, play making ability, unselfishnesĀ and especially his pure speed.Ā  He is also a humble and class act.Ā  I've always wanted a Premier league team to root for and now IĀ have one.Ā  Godspeed Miguel.

Ā 

Ā 

Nice one mate! Canā€™t wait to see him in action. Sounds like exactly the player weā€™ve been crying out for for years now, as long as he can hit the ground running quickly. Too often foreign players take months to adjust to the pace and physicality of the PL, which we donā€™t have if weā€™re going to avoid the drop.

And donā€™t worry about the piss takey comments. Standard treatment for any newbie, no matter how civil they are, so donā€™t take it personally, give aĀ bitĀ backĀ and welcome to the board!Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

It started as football didn't it?

I think it was an invention / adaptation of rugby (football) which was first played in the Ivy League collegesĀ 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure Ritchie would agree with the unselfishness of Almiron. A simple pass to a team mate who was in a much better position should have been the choice to take. Undoubtedly a top premiership player, but it's frustrating when our players don't do this. Fair enough when the game is done, but it would make games a lot easier if there was a bit less selfishness on the pitch.