Miguel Almiron

wykikitoon

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I don’t know many Latino folks, is Miggy a commonly used contraction of Miguel, like Micky for Michael? 

:dunno:

I've known hundreds of Mexicans in the work-place, quite a few Miguel's, but never heard Miggy.:huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Out for at least 3 weeks, so that’s his season ended. Not sure if it’s just me but from what I’ve seen he’s been kicked up a height every games he’s played, no protection from the referees either. 

Would have been good for him to finish the season with a goal or two under his belt, but we're mathematically safe, so :dunno: 

7 hours ago, Howay said:

Out for at least 3 weeks, so that’s his season ended. Not sure if it’s just me but from what I’ve seen he’s been kicked up a height every games he’s played, no protection from the referees either. 

Aye

Just gets on with it too.

Meanwhile Cunts like Salah, Hazard etc go down as if theyve been shot and get pens and free kicks all over

• Like 1

He’s transformed our play, despite his lack of goals and assists, with Perez being the main beneficiary of the extra space his pace and movement has created. Shame he was injured before he was able to register a goal. It’ll be interesting to see if we revert to a more pedestrian style in his absence.

So the club wouldn't want a few extra million to finish high up as possible now?

Almiron does go down easily and I'm fine with this as for me any slight contact (foul) serves the opponent right. 

It infuriates me when our players are stupid enough to put their hands on opponents.

Anyone who thinks he’s been a failure hasn’t watched us since January or seen how his arrival has impacted our points tally this year. That isn’t a coincidence.

Agreed all around. Saved our season. Psychological impact of breaking the transfer record + he actually delivered on the pitch. If we'd signed nobody we'd be 17th right now and it'd be squeaky bum time every time Brighton or Cardiff scored a goal. Instead we're comfortably looking down on them.

Fatass, of course, will not get the obvious message that spending money on good players and good managers keeps you in the Premier League. 

3 hours ago, Diego21 said:

So the season is end for him. I suposse he will try to be fit for the American Cup. 

I know he’s talented but I never realise he was a world class sailor 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Has been running rings around Peru this morning to the point one of their defenders laid him out with an elbow to the neck.
And Suarez looks like he's taken up Micky Quinn all the pies diet (flicked over to the Uruguay game while half time for Para v Peru).

• 1 month later...

Almiron is being wasted by Bruce like, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out. To be fair I'm not sure I'd blame anyone for wanting to leave Newcastle when it's under the current owner & manager.

• Like 3