Miguel Almiron

wykikitoon

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

What fucking business does stats about Pickford have being in a thread about Almiron? :blink:

More importantly, what are you doing in a thread about stats?!

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

GA/90= Actual Goals against per 90

xGA/90= Chances against per 90

+/- 90 = difference between Expected and Chances against

PSxG/90 = Effectively the average quality of the shot, per 90

GA v PSxG = Difference between Actual Goals against and Quality of the shot.

image.png.97c4e64af9501776a548a4fa55a1ee6d.png

6 season prior to this one Pickford averaged

image.png.62ef0fe9e08fe96d3e0c59166b1213cb.png

So on average he concedes 1.4 goals a game, very similar but perhaps a tiny bit worse than you'd expect given the quality of chance. The quality of the shots he faces are about on par with the standard of chances (so he's not facing a stack of dribbled efforts when the attacker is in a good position).

This season Everton are conceding the highest number of chances per game, from the past 7 seasons. The quality of shots he's facing haven't changed, and yet he's conceding the fewest amount of goals per 90. Purple patch.

please stop 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

As I was placing my NUFC to win the title bet yesterday, I had a little day dream about Miggy doing an Aguero on the last game of the season to clinch it :lol: 

Fuck sake, cancel the season now. :lol:

• Haha 3

He’s having the time of his life as are we as supporters. The support was brilliant yesterday as it always is away. It’s so annoying not being able to get tickets for games like this that are reasonable distance for me to get to. There were tickets in the Saints bit but I don’t like sitting/ standing with opposing supporters. I would find it difficult not to celebrate when we score.Newcastle United Dancing GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Surreymag said:

He’s having the time of his life as are we as supporters. The support was brilliant yesterday as it always is away. It’s so annoying not being able to get tickets for games like this that are reasonable distance for me to get to. There were tickets in the Saints bit but I don’t like sitting/ standing with opposing supporters. I would find it difficult not to celebrate when we score.Newcastle United Dancing GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

I did it at Goodison Park in the 90s, was sitting with scattered empty seats around me plus some Everton fans. Nobody said a dickie bird when I celebrated our two goals, there was 25,000 in that day including a sold out away end behind the goal. I once mentioned this to a couple of evertonians who were talking shite about us who insisted this absolutely never happened. (They were probably in nappies at the time.) :lol:

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I did it at Goodison Park in the 90s, was sitting with scattered empty seats around me plus some Everton fans. Nobody said a dickie bird when I celebrated our two goals, there was 25,000 in that day including a sold out away end behind the goal. I once mentioned this to a couple of evertonians who were talking shite about us who insisted this absolutely never happened. (They were probably in nappies at the time.) :lol:

I sat in the top tier at goodison in 85 when we lost 4-0 - due to some last minute drop outs I went on my own and the thought of a stand with escalators appealed in a pre-modern stadia era (no I wasn't 8 years old, honest) - I think it was about £4.80 for a ticket on the door. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I did it at Goodison in the 80s, youngster :smile:

South Bank @ Molineaux Easter weekend 1990…3 of us  went in with a wolf mate, we were sussed out very quickly but our mate placated the slavering hounds surrounding us, then Kevin Scott (?) scored what turned out to be the winner. Discovered that afternoon that the colour of adrenaline is brown :cuppa:

• Haha 4

I did it at Fulham the day the Fish banged his head causing him to enjoy stuff like xG. There were dickheads from Fulham who directed stewards to every opposition supporter they could make out to get them evicted.

It was easy to stay quiet though as there was nothing to celebrate that day.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

I did it at Goodison in the 80s, youngster :smile:

Goodison in the 80s was my first away game. :good:

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

South Bank @ Molineaux Easter weekend 1990…3 of us  went in with a wolf mate, we were sussed out very quickly but our mate placated the slavering hounds surrounding us, then Kevin Scott (?) scored what turned out to be the winner. Discovered that afternoon that the colour of adrenaline is brown :cuppa:

I was at this too, despite being third and in with a chance of winning it on the last day out away record was poor, the odd time we won I missed it and I missed the port vale away win just before this one so was convinced Steve Bull would pick up where he left off from NYD. This'll always be most remembered by me for the Dillon miss. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I did it at Fulham the day the Fish banged his head causing him to enjoy stuff like xG. There were dickheads from Fulham who directed stewards to every opposition supporter they could make out to get them evicted.

It was easy to stay quiet though as there was nothing to celebrate that day.

Feels like it should be a line from "On the river where they used to build the boats", or "American Pie".