Miguel Almiron

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

As a great man once said

Urgh... Jesus

Bruceball ≠ Howeball

When finally the moment of understanding comes to you, please refer back to this post and re-read the sentence that follows.

I forgive you for doubting me.

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Doesn't really do tap ins does he? See earlier 🙂 

MOTD might as well scrap October Goal of the Month......its just a shame it wasn't the old format where they had 1st/2nd/3rd

• Like 2

15 hours ago, trophyshy said:

yeah

Come on TS, Holden doesn't like numbers. You know this. They frighten and confuse him. 

Edited by The Fish

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Come on TS, Holden doesn't like numbers. You know this. They frighten and confuse him. 

Some of us don’t need the numbers as reassurance or back up Dave :cuppa:

You can find a thread on here where I said Trippier was a utterly brilliant full back and would definitely play for England when he was at Burnley. No fucker was tipping him for that at the time. You’ve either got it or you haven’t….

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You can find a thread on here where I said Trippier was a utterly brilliant full back and would definitely play for England when he was at Burnley. No fucker was tipping him for that at the time. You’ve either got it or you haven’t….

Meanwhile Parky and Howay thought we'd signed the better RB from Spurs in Yedlin...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I can generally see a good player by using my eyes. Call it a sixth-sense.

(I know @Alex is going to mention Steven Taylor now 😝 )

There’s that and sight being one of the five senses :razz: 

• Jaysus... 1

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Some of us don’t need the numbers as reassurance or back up Dave :cuppa:

I'm sure you've predicted big tings for flops, and I'm sure you've also called players worse than shit and been proven wrong.

Stats are sweet sweet objectivity baby.

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm sure you've predicted big tings for flops, and I'm sure you've also called players worse than shit and been proven wrong.

Stats are sweet sweet objectivity baby.

What’s his xP then?

Read a nice article about Almiron's improved form on the Athletic by the music hater. It mentioned that Almiron's form had caused a rethink in transfer targets for his position. It's an interesting one and I suppose comes down to whether or not Almiron has turned into a 1-in-3 winger. It's possible. It could at least allow us to aim slightly more towards a young player with potential at RW to be Almiron's understudy instead of going for a replacement in someone established and more expensive.

The training they've been doing with Almiron is covered in the article. It's brilliant stuff to read about the intricacies but also the simplicity of it. Getting him to watch video of top players to analyse runs. Repeated drills practicing said runs. Repeated drills with Bruno and Tripps practicing anticipating when to make runs. Aiming his shots higher in the net. Really cool to see the level of detail. The stats bear out the results too to perhaps make the argument that Almiron's improvement (though not sustainable at this insane level obviously) is perhaps permanent. Given his work rate, if he can score 10-12 goals a season with half a dozen assists then he's transformed into a brilliant player that we would really not want to replace except perhaps for tactical reason from game to game or to rest him.

• Like 2

It's testament to his form that we've gone from needing a RW as a priority to now needing a LW. 

I suspect that even when ASM is fit, Joelinton may get the nod over him in that position given his work rate and ability to follow instructions. You could say that then leaves us a CM short, but even Ciggy is looking like a world beater atm!