Miguel Almiron

wykikitoon

• 1 month later...

you can't say he hasn't earned it. well done miggy! he's a more than useful player to have around, even as the squad grows, because of his pace and the effort he puts in to every appearance. so nice to see that effort rewarded with goals and assists this season - long may that continue!

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 4

His old contract was up in June '24, his new three year deal I presume wipes this out so he's here now till '26 unless someone pays us good money for him which I don't really think is going to happen. I'm not so sure this is such a great move if I'm being harsh on him, particularly with FFP in mind, we all love the effort but all too often that's all there is and he's so one footed it's painful. If he's upgraded and not getting a look in I'd imagine he's had a decent pay upgrade as well. This is no massive problem on a cunt 6 income but we're still tied into Ashley's 'who gives a fuck' deals and this won't start to be remedied until at least this summer and more than likely beyond that. Good lad and all that, grafts like fuck but is sadly a bit too limited in the long run, can anyone see him replicating his goal streak anytime soon or becoming Nobby-esque and putting crosses on a plate? 

30 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

His old contract was up in June '24, his new three year deal I presume wipes this out so he's here now till '26 unless someone pays us good money for him which I don't really think is going to happen. I'm not so sure this is such a great move if I'm being harsh on him, particularly with FFP in mind, we all love the effort but all too often that's all there is and he's so one footed it's painful. If he's upgraded and not getting a look in I'd imagine he's had a decent pay upgrade as well. This is no massive problem on a cunt 6 income but we're still tied into Ashley's 'who gives a fuck' deals and this won't start to be remedied until at least this summer and more than likely beyond that. Good lad and all that, grafts like fuck but is sadly a bit too limited in the long run, can anyone see him replicating his goal streak anytime soon or becoming Nobby-esque and putting crosses on a plate? 

he's a more than decent squad option for when we're competing in multiple competitions.

• Like 2

If money isn't too tight too mention then I've no real problem either, my concern is his wages could end up hindering upgrades in other needed positions if he ends up a bench player? 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

If money isn't too tight too mention then I've no real problem either, my concern is his wages could end up hindering upgrades in other needed positions if he ends up a bench player? 

They'll have weighed all that up, this regime is very competent so it won't be any hindrance at all I reckon.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The money we've saved by getting rid of Shelvey, Hayden, Darlow, Wood and likely Fraser, will more than cover the bump in his wages and leave room for more spending on better players.

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The money we've saved by getting rid of Shelvey, Hayden, Darlow, Wood and likely Fraser, will more than cover the bump in his wages and leave room for more spending on better players.

I thought we'd still be paying Hayden or at least partially funding him, plus he's been injured iirc so can't see Norwich buying him? Shelvey and Wood were no brainers really, a decent fee in plus their wages gone. 

I thought we'd still be paying Hayden or at least partially funding him, plus he's been injured iirc so can't see Norwich buying him? Shelvey and Wood were no brainers really, a decent fee in plus their wages gone. 

Hayden's on a contract until 2026, so letting him go for nothing seems unlikely.

Just now, The Fish said:

Hayden's on a contract until 2026, so letting him go for nothing seems unlikely.

And this is where Ashley/Penfold have left the building but clogged up the drains with their shite left as they've departed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And this is where Ashley/Penfold have left the building but clogged up the drains with their shite left as they've departed.

It would cost about £18m to buy out his contract, so you have to assume there'll be an effort to sell him. Still think a Championship club would want him. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

It would cost about £18m to buy out his contract, so you have to assume there'll be an effort to sell him. Still think a Championship club would want him. 

I wonder what his wages would be over three years? It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine us partly funding his wages in the championship for the next three years. Apparently he's on £2.6m a year? 

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I wonder what his wages would be over three years? It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine us partly funding his wages in the championship for the next three years. Apparently he's on £2.6m a year? 

£25k pw for the next 3 years? Better to sell him for buttons, right?

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

£25k pw for the next 3 years? Better to sell him for buttons, right?

£25k if someone pays the other half? If we can get a few million and get him off the books then that's great but if not £51,000 a week for the next three years for someone who's not going to get a sniff of a game is a prime Mike Ashley shit sandwich he's left. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Had a look on NUFC.com the other day and the length of contracts some are on is fucking mental. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Had a look on NUFC.com the other day and the length of contracts some are on is fucking mental. 

Purely out of easiness and not buying other players. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Don't know what you're worried about, 39 year old Jacob Murphy will be hot property on the market. #Business

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I’m not sure what his wage is but the positive with him is his transfer fee is basically fully amortized for FFP, since it was only 1 year of amortization left and I think that’s now amortized over his new deal so his only FFP hit is pretty much wages which is a decent position for any player on our books. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3