Spurs v Longstaff's longstaffs

Dr Gloom

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I blame Jim fucking beglin. 'They must be thinking it's going to be their day' not long before they score. Shocking by Dubravka.

Struggled to get down fast enough.

On the handball in the headup from Llorente, think it's nullified by the nudge from Schar.

30 lashes for Dubravka, can't believe he let that in, wor lass would've kept it oot.

Had all the earmarks of being a draw, and we deserved a point for our performance. Mind you, throughout the match it looked like they might score.

We had some chances but didn't capitalize on them, Rondon came awfully close when his header hit the post.

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Soft goal to concede. First real blooper I can remember from dubravka 

You've a poor memory, he dropped a clanger against Man Utd just a few games ago that cost us points again. Hats off to the rest of the team, a spirited performance and they defended well up until the goal. If Perez was more clinical we could have had a couple of goals and Rondon was unlucky with his header off the post. Longstaff didn't look out of his depth again in the middle, the lad has a big future at the club. 

Dubravka's an excellent keeper but hard to defend that howler, really. Not sure if it was a slip in concentration after defending for so long but it undone all the defense's good work up until then. Very undeserved for Spurs, I'd say but that's how it goes sometimes. 4 points from Man City and Spurs would have been amazing but sadly, it wasn't to be. I thought Longstaff had another solid game once he got a few touches, Perez looked lively and a tad faster than usual; that's what competition does, I suppose. Would have been nice to see a bit more of Berroca but the circumstances weren't right. Still, bit of a kick in the teeth and could have been well avoided.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Dubravka's an excellent keeper but hard to defend that howler, really. Not sure if it was a slip in concentration after defending for so long but it undone all the defense's good work up until then. Very undeserved for Spurs, I'd say but that's how it goes sometimes. 4 points from Man City and Spurs would have been amazing but sadly, it wasn't to be. I thought Longstaff had another solid game once he got a few touches, Perez looked lively and a tad faster than usual; that's what competition does, I suppose. Would have been nice to see a bit more of Berroca but the circumstances weren't right. Still, bit of a kick in the teeth and could have been well avoided.

Barreca came on but three times Kenedy turned inside instead of playing it on the outside to him. Sometimes I wonder why he brings him on, been shite all season.

16 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Barreca came on but three times Kenedy turned inside instead of playing it on the outside to him. Sometimes I wonder why he brings him on, been shite all season.

Well he came on for Atsu so I suppose it was a like for like change.

If we’d been offered this overall position at this club a week ago we’d all have taken it though ;) 

Edited by Alex