trooper

Aye utter bollocks by the ref. I thought Almiron was fouled right in front of the linesman and then he kept going even though we’d cleared it 2 times after the 94th minute. Imo it was a foul on Dubravka Boly had his arms wrapped round his neck/shoulder, Dubravka should have punched it mind. 

Thought Longstaff looked quality. 

Not quite the hammering the arsehole Wolves and mackem fans pouring onto here thought eh. 

Odds that the Mackem Wolf or whatever the fuck his name is will be on here giving it the big one after his amazing, totally not a tinpot goal-music-playing nothing of a club secured an incredible draw against the mighty Mags courtesy of some 96th minute cheating? 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

tbh i didn't think it was a foul even in the replays, should've punched it regardless

He was easily going to catch it, but couldn’t because of the clear obstruction. Always a foul to me tbh.

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t think dubravka was fouled. Was Rafa kicking off about almiron being fouled in then build up?

If the foul had been given I don’t think it would have been as controversial as not giving the foul. I can see a case for both points of view.

Either way he should’ve just fucking punched it. It’s a shame after such a good performance from him.

There he is, delighted with the point while we're all furious not to win. Says a lot.

5 top flight seasons in 30+ years and hes on about us going back to the second tier :lol:

• Haha 1

I'm just fucking sick of shit teams like Wolves and Watford earning plaudits for being seventh or eighth - they're fucking shit man.

No foul on Dubravka but foul on Almiron  - and magic extra minute - but he was a cunt all night so didn't expect it to be disallowed.

Edited by NJS
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If the foul had been given I don’t think it would have been as controversial as not giving the foul. I can see a case for both points of view.

Either way he should’ve just fucking punched it. It’s a shame after such a good performance from him.

That’s the thing about goalkeeping. It’s a thankless task. He made great saves all game but this is what people are going to be talking about now on top of his blooper against spurs. Hopefully doesn’t affect his confidence too much. I think he’s our best keeper since Shay Given 

Owen Hargreaves calls it spot on. Defender's arms are on Dubravka's shoulders well before the ball is in the area, keeping him from making a fair play at the ball and pulling him backwards. Dubravka could have been stronger but a bigger player's arms land on his shoulders and pull him off balance.

Then an ex-referee comes in and stands up for the refereeing decision. Completely pointless having someone like that on. "I don't really think he's done too much wrong there (Boly).......he's (Dubravka) got the advantage of using his hands". Said immediately after footage of Boly using his hands to gain advantage, so tell us Dermott exactly what advantage does Dubravka have when another player lands on him  from behind whilst he's waiting for a lofted cross to come into play?

• Like 2

It’s disappointing but we’d all have taken a point before the game and we’ve got winnable games coming up now. Almiron showed a lot of promise in his little cameo. Absolutely desperate to get on the ball. We’ll be alright, I think. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

Owen Hargreaves calls it spot on. Defender's arms are on Dubravka's shoulders well before the ball is in the area, keeping him from making a fair play at the ball and pulling him backwards. Dubravka could have been stronger but a bigger player's arms land on his shoulders and pull him off balance.

Then an ex-referee comes in and stands up for the refereeing decision. Completely pointless having someone like that on. "I don't really think he's done too much wrong there (Boly).......he's (Dubravka) got the advantage of using his hands". Said immediately after footage of Boly using his hands to gain advantage, so tell us Dermott exactly what advantage does Dubravka have when another player lands on him  from behind whilst he's waiting for a lofted cross to come into play?

He’s as well obstructing Dubravka gaining height as using his arms properly. It’s not even up for discussion if this is a foul imho.

But as NJS said it’s totally in line with a lot of decisions the complete evening.

Edited by Isegrim

Rafa: "In England I think they don't know this rule, so it's ok.....in the firstbgame we had an elbow into the face and we lost the game so it's ok."

Not verbatim but basically "referees are shit" without and danger of penalty. Well said.

Just now, Isegrim said:

He’s as well obstructing Dubravka gaining height as well as using his arms properly. It’s not even up for discussion if this is a foul imho.

But as NJS said it’s totally in line with a lot of decisions the complete evening.

Yep, he was preparing to jump higher to claim the ball, denied the opportunity. All down to that cross being such a hail mary.

We have been shafted so many times by shit decisions this season. Whether you think that's a foul or not, the reality is that gets given as a foul 99/100 times. Another fucking areshole ref wanting to make a name for himself in the 95th minute of a game. Start Almiron against Huddersfield and Burnley and lets fucking hammer them

• Like 3