trooper

As an aside, its going to be funny as fuck when this relationship with mendes crumbles and bites wolves in the backside.

They might be interesting for a brief period when it does happen mind you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

In my OP I said i'd be happy with a point. But actually I'm disappointed Dubravka should have punched it away. But if you watch it back the ball falls through his hands.

Possibly something to do with the 6 foot 4 centre half whose arms were on dubravkas shoulders at the time.

Although looking at the fixtures, 9 of the next 10 are winnable. We must have the easiest run in in the bottom half of the table. 4 wins and a draw might see us safe. And we play Fulham last.

Burnley's last 4 games are awful. 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

40 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The ref also gave the Salah dive against us :lol: 

And then Dermott "whatever the refs did was right" Gallagher came out and defended that decision as well. Nevermind that those two decisions stand in stark constrast on the you can/can't contact an opposing player in the box ledger, they're both right because.... that's what the referee called during the game.

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Possibly something to do with the 6 foot 4 centre half whose arms were on dubravkas shoulders at the time.

Shoulder and across his neck/face.

22 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

6086A69E-75FA-4A93-974D-504A6F78DF93.jpeg

Expect to see this picture next season on the Wolves website for our away match. If we're lucky it will be a slideshow with this, the elbow on Perez and a wildly grinning Karl Henry.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t think dubravka was fouled.

Have you changed your mind yet?

I actually didn't think it was at first glance either, but the replays and some of the angles have put any doubt to bed. Dubravka could have done better (like kept his eyes open for a start) but in reality he shouldn't have had to.

Harsh on Dubravka. Yes, its 50/50 as to whether he failed to catch it as he was being pushed down or those arms just came over the top. He didnt look like he got up for it in time however, he kept us in it with some outstanding stops. 

Looking at the positives, Longstaff played excellent once again, Almiron looked lively and Hayden seemed to grow in confidence following the goal. We've got players coming back, some competition for places and there was no sign of the Jos tonight :lol:

Yes, it bears repeating that Longstaff put in another excellent shift, such an exciting prospect and great fit for our current style of play. 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Almiron looks a cut above our other attacking players. Takes men on, fast as fuck, actually runs past players to get on through balls. 

If Shelvey ever remembers that he's a player again Almiron is the type that could work phenomenally well with him.

• Like 1

The Dubravka debate need go no further than the fact he was blatantly fouled. I'm also baffled as to why the whistle hadn't already been blown given that the referee had ample opportunity to do so. 

Anyway - awful to watch but they game plan works and but for a very, very dodgy ref we would have got away with it. 

Every time a hand went near a wolves player's shoulder their knees collapsed and the ref was happy to blow up...so why should Dubravka suffer worse? Shame.

48 minutes ago, OTF said:

Have you changed your mind yet?

I actually didn't think it was at first glance either, but the replays and some of the angles have put any doubt to bed. Dubravka could have done better (like kept his eyes open for a start) but in reality he shouldn't have had to.

No 

Foul or no foul, Dubravka had position and should have cleared it regardless.  Stop moaning.

The foul on Almiron did not cost us the match.  Stop moaning.

As I said, typical Newcastle, concede in stoppage time be it 1st or 2nd half.

That was heart-breaking. Those 2 points would have put us in a much better position in the table.

8 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Foul or no foul, Dubravka had position and should have cleared it regardless.  Stop moaning.

The foul on Almiron did not cost us the match.  Stop moaning.

As I said, typical Newcastle, concede in stoppage time be it 1st or 2nd half.s

That was heart-breaking. Those 2 points would have put us in a much better position in the table.

Your third sentence. Stop moaning. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We have been shafted so many times by shit decisions this season. Whether you think that's a foul or not, the reality is that gets given as a foul 99/100 times. Another fucking areshole ref wanting to make a name for himself in the 95th minute of a game. Start Almiron against Huddersfield and Burnley and lets fucking hammer them

Thinking after 94 minutes: We always lose to shit teams.

Thinking  after 95 minutes: We always draw with shit teams.

You are the most boring team so far this season , that's not the refs fault. Enjoy the Championship.