Toon V Uddersfield

trooper

16 hours ago, Noelie said:

IF we get 3 points from Huddersfield and other results are for us, we would move up the table a bit. AND 3 points from Burnley on Tuesday would be splendiffico.:)

Unfortunately Burnley and Palace won or we would have been in 13th place, other results were not in our favour.:(

On 2/21/2019 at 09:04, Noelie said:

One thing's for sure though, Rafa's starting line-up  and bench won't match  my  pick..........never does.:D

My pick:

Dubravka

Schar    Lascelles   LeJeune   

Yedlin       Longstaff      Ki       Dummett

Almiron            Ritchie     

Rondon  

Barreca

Diame

Mutu

Perez

Atsu

Fernandez

Darlow

Well Rafa got 9 of my starting pick right,  but Joselulu, Hayden, and Kenedy weren't even on my bench.:o

41 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

I think Kenedy was terrific when he came on and almost scored a beauty.  If we are going to play this formation, Kenedy is the perfect wingback you would want, imo.  His hasn't played like last season, but he hasn't been the worst of the lot, and before Almiron got here he was the most talented player on the side.

He’s been absolute shite.

Love waking up to a win!

Had a quick look at the highlights as well, looks like we should've had far more than 2! Kenedys effort saved onto the bar would've been some goal!

Almiron looked lively and rapid, getting through for his effort that hit the post looked absolutely effortless on his part, great to see.

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Love waking up to a win!

Had a quick look at the highlights as well, looks like we should've had far more than 2! Kenedys effort saved onto the bar would've been some goal!

Almiron looked lively and rapid, getting through for his effort that hit the post looked absolutely effortless on his part, great to see.

Yeah, that was a great little dink over the keeper just unlucky not to score.

30 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He’s been absolute shite.

And not only that he seems to have an attitude problem wether that’s down to a legit personal issue or whatever is irrelevant we need players to play. I think there’s a player in there defo, he’s was great last season I’d almost say he transformed our team. Just been off this season for whatever reason 

Watching the highlights how the fuck did Rondon miss that header 

Who says Kenedy has an attitude problem?  Did this come from Rafa?  It is just forum speculation when a player isn't playing to their potential.  If that's the case, the entire squad has/had an attitude problem since we've been battling relegation all season.

I mean if you don’t see it then I’m not gonna argue about it personally I think he’s clearly got something going on with him. I just hope he can put in better performances from now on, he was good today for example 

• Like 1

Only saw the highlights but looks like we bossed it and Almiron looks a handful. Perez looked lively too. How many times did we hit the post? And a red card in our favour - unheard of!

Fair play to the foreign lads for coming into this thread and talking absolute shite.

See that performance where we outclassed the opponent man for man? It was actually bad because Rafa hooked Rondon off to keep him fresh for Tuesday.  

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

23 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Fair play to the foreign lads for coming into this thread and talking absolute shite.

See that performance where we outclassed the opponent man for man? It was actually bad because Rafa hooked Rondon off to keep him fresh for Tuesday.  

I resent being associated with this group

11 hours ago, 247 said:

And not only that he seems to have an attitude problem wether that’s down to a legit personal issue or whatever is irrelevant we need players to play. I think there’s a player in there defo, he’s was great last season I’d almost say he transformed our team. Just been off this season for whatever reason 

Watching the highlights how the fuck did Rondon miss that header 

Haven't really seen evidence of an attitude problem. Looks shot of confidence but he wouldn't be anywhere near the pitch if he had an attitude problem imo

Almiron is the player Rafa has been waiting for. The midfielder with the pace to make runs from deep into space in front of the leader of the line. That utterly changes how we play at home immediately. I still think we’ll play within ourselves away from home but he has the pace to be deadly on the counter too. 

Hes the new Rob Lee. 

9 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Haven't really seen evidence of an attitude problem. Looks shot of confidence but he wouldn't be anywhere near the pitch if he had an attitude problem imo

He has looked shot of confidence since that Cardiff game and not just because of the penalty. Attitude problem is probably the wrong description, a mentality problem would be more accurate 

1 minute ago, 247 said:

He has looked shot of confidence since that Cardiff game and not just because of the penalty. Attitude problem is probably the wrong description, a mentality problem would be more accurate 

Agree, if it means we can get him cheap enough he'd be worth gambling on though. Thought he came across as a canny lad in the articles about him last season when he was doing well, and he's always going to be more likely to produce a moment of genius than somebody like Atsu. 

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Maybe someone has said it on here before(?) but Kennedy has played most of the season as if his agent told him last summer that he’d end up at a “big club” and he’s gutted to be back here. 

Is that not just a lazy conclusion to jump to though? Do we need to assassinate his character because of a loss of form? 

11 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Is that not just a lazy conclusion to jump to though? Do we need to assassinate his character because of a loss of form? 

Well he’s looked uninterested to me and last season he looked sharp and eager to get involved. I have no opinion on his character really, am not often on here criticising the players because it’s utterly fuckin pointless when we’re owned by Ashley. I wouldn’t blame any of them for aiming higher. 

Edited by PaddockLad

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We’ve had a bit of luck with Chelsea’s refusal to sell him. Most on here would have signed him up in the summer.

Aye if it continues like this it's a rare endorsement of Ashleys strategy.

12 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He'll come good at some point though 

Aye, it’s not like there’s any examples in history of young talented players failing to make the grade because of attitude problems.