Toon V Uddersfield

trooper

40 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He'll come good at some point though 

Agree with this.  No evidence of an attitude problem either and Rafa and his team can actually get the best out of players in the long run.

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Almiron is the player Rafa has been waiting for. The midfielder with the pace to make runs from deep into space in front of the leader of the line. That utterly changes how we play at home immediately. I still think we’ll play within ourselves away from home but he has the pace to be deadly on the counter too. 

Hes the new Rob Lee. 

Definitely the perfect player for Rafa's system.

5 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Agree, if it means we can get him cheap enough he'd be worth gambling on though. Thought he came across as a canny lad in the articles about him last season when he was doing well, and he's always going to be more likely to produce a moment of genius than somebody like Atsu. 

If he came up for around £10m and we had that kind of money to fill his position in the next transfer window I'd pull the trigger as well, hes worth a gamble on how he played the second half of last season alone. He has been inexcusable this season though imo - personal problems or not.. shame because I was really happy we when got him for a full season and looked forward to seeing more of what he showed last year, hes only 23 so still has time but he should be at the age where if hes really got it then he should be able to show it more consistently than he has with us. 

Edited by 247

12 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He'll come good at some point though 

Perhaps, but the question is when?

He's been below par for for such a long time now, plenty of time enough to pull his socks up. Not sure we would want to buy him if he doesn't improve, and not sure Chelsea would want him back.

And,  on his form this season, I doubt he would come close to making Chelsea's match squad, or even their second team.

On 2/23/2019 at 17:03, ewerk said:

How did Almiron spend two years in the USA and not learn how to speak English?

I'm glad he hasn't yet. Much better if his accent is more heavily influenced by ours. An American twang is nowhere near as good as a Julio Geordio-esque lilt.

Perez was much improved because he's playing with an intelligent mobile dynamic attacking midfielder. With Atsu, Kenedy or whomever because there wasn't the intricate give and go that we saw with Almiron. He gets a lot of shit because he's where the attack usually stalls/ends and that obviously and justifiably frustrates the fans. Hopefully with someone with a little more about them, he'll score more and contribute more to the team. 

Kenedy can fuck off.

On 23/02/2019 at 21:48, Noelie said:

Unfortunately Burnley and Palace won or we would have been in 13th place, other results were not in our favour.:(

Fortunately the results went for us, and we even deserved the wins.

We can now look down on the others below and say "You're running out of games to catch us" and mean it :icon_lol:

On 2/26/2019 at 04:24, The Fish said:

I'm glad he hasn't yet. Much better if his accent is more heavily influenced by ours. An American twang is nowhere near as good as a Julio Geordio-esque lilt.

Perez was much improved because he's playing with an intelligent mobile dynamic attacking midfielder. With Atsu, Kenedy or whomever because there wasn't the intricate give and go that we saw with Almiron. He gets a lot of shit because he's where the attack usually stalls/ends and that obviously and justifiably frustrates the fans. Hopefully with someone with a little more about them, he'll score more and contribute more to the team. 

Kenedy can fuck off.

Hopefully it's not just being at a new team trying to fit in, but Almiron looks like he gets joy from linking up nicely with his teammates, as opposed to Kenedy who appears much more selfish.