Almiron's Vori Vori Vajigel Lovers v Burnley

wykikitoon

Newcastle go in search of a fourth successive home league victory this evening when Burnley visit St. James' Park this evening.  It's an 8pm kick-off live on BT Sport, altered from the original 7.45pm start on the Wednesday.
Following on from a 2-1 victory at Turf Moor in November, the Magpies are looking to complete a first league double over Burnley since the 1954/55 season.
NUFC: There are no new injury problems for Rafa Benitez following Saturday's victory over Huddersfield with Ciaran Clark still missing.
However Jonjo Shelvey could be in contention for a recall after recovering from injury.

The Clarets defeated Spurs 2-1 at Turf Moor on Saturday to make it eight games unbeaten in the PL (five wins and three draws) since a 1-5 home loss to Everton on Boxing Day. Peter Crouch has played just once for Burnley since arriving in the January transfer window, a 14 minute substitute appearance. The 38 year-old scored his first goal against us way back in 2001 for Aston Villa and has also netted for Southampton, Liverpool and Stoke City in the PL when facing Newcastle (failing to do so when coming up against us for Portsmouth and Spurs).

Stats: 

Clarets @ SJP - last 10:

2017/18 drew 1-1 Lascelles
2014/15 drew 3-3 S.Taylor, Colback, Sissoko
1982/83 won 3-0 Waddle, Varadi, Keegan
1979/80 drew 1-1 Davies
1978/79 won 3-1 Withe, Shoulder, Cassidy
1975/76 lost 0-1
1974/75 won 3-0 Maconald 2, Barrowclough
1973/74 lost 1-2 Macdonald
1973/74 won 2-1 Macdonald, Moncur (TC)
1970/71 won 3-1 Ford, Robson, Moncur

Referee: Craig Pawson - third appearance of the season for the whistler from South Yorkshire, following the 0-0 draw at Cardiff and 1-0 home victory over Watford.

From .com

Edited by wykikitoon

19 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

With everyone back and fit, it would be welcome to have a bench that doesn’t have Manquillo or Joselu on it when Barreca and Muto are there to call on.

I agree but expect to see them on the bench. Quite what the point of signing a player on loan that doesn't make the squad is, I'm not sure, but can understand Rafa not wanting to mess with the existing cohesion.

....that said, it's a short turn around so this is where it would be logical to call on squad depth... #RayvinHedge

• Haha 1

I won't publish my proposed starting eleven as Senor Benitez will inevitably continue to disregard my expertise in team picking ........cabron.:mad:

You can bet on him picking his little bird Perez from the Canaries.:D

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

What's wrong with Berocca?

Signed because we needed "someone" rather than to get into the first team when anyone else is fit