Almiron's Vori Vori Vajigel Lovers v Burnley

wykikitoon

Joselulu- Joselu,

Why does Rafa keep playing you.

Manquillo - Manquillo,

You've got to fucking go.

Muy feliz con dos puntos amigos( for the Latino jugadores)

Very happy with the 2 points but a bit nervous towards the end as we got sloppy.

That first half was a true joy to watch. The second not as pretty but as effective. We were the better team in every single respect. That they resorted to dirty tactics despite being in their best form in recent times says it all.

The goal from Schar was spectacular, Longstaff's was a joy bringer. Dubravka commanded his box extremely well, all three of our central defenders were individually excellent and as a unit had fantastic cohesion. Manquillo had a good game too, as did Hayden in that supporting role as defensive midfield. Almiron's runs were excellent, he'll want to be involved more but he more than played his part as it was.  Likewise Rondon's strength and control was on show, effectively setting up Longstaff's goal. Dummett's hair is terrible, Ritchie was a bit flat in the second half after a good first 45 and Joselu, well, he was Joselu, but today I don't care.

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He should have charged towards goal there. I guess it was a moment that highlighted his shortcomings. I like him and would keep but an upgrade would be high on my shopping list this summer

Think he was likely exhausted. If he's upgraded I'd like it to be someone with the same intensity, but at least slightly less prone to giving free kicks away.

11 minutes ago, OTF said:

Think he was likely exhausted. If he's upgraded I'd like it to be someone with the same intensity, but at least slightly less prone to giving free kicks away.

Think it was more a complete lack of awareness and/or a moment of hesitation. He's never really had that ability to charge towards goal. He's playing at the top of his ability now and there isn't really any improvement left in him. He's a good and solid player but if we want to kick on we need better

3 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Manquilo was excellent tonight I thought.

Aye I don’t rate the lad but I’ve no idea why Noelie is complaining about him tonight, Manquillo was solid and kept their young winger quiet first half and Robbie Brady who can be awkward quiet 2nd half. 

Cracking, dominant performance that. By far the better side in every department today. I thought Schar, Dubravka and Hayden had really good games, Longstaff was impressive again. Quite honestly everyone played well tonight. Almiron and Perez really stretch the field and look difficult to play against, although his movement was good Perez is a pretty frustrating player to watch, he gets in really good positions and has the vision to try some really good passes but he quite often misplaced the final ball. 

As as exciting as Almiron is getting Lejeune back and the emergence of Longstaff has been massive for us. If this is Longstaffs level I’d be happy to see Shelvey go in the summer. 

Special word for Tarkowski today btw, what a cunt he is, whiney, and dirty throughout. That stamp action towards Joselu was distasteful imo so I’ll be rooting against him getting further England caps from now on. Also great to see Crouch come on and do absolutely fucking nothing besides pull a bunch of people’s shirts, put in a nasty frustrated kick on Schar then put his elbow across Diame, personally think he deserved a second yellow but not worried since he was shite anyway. 

The worst part is for all this positivity we still have Ashley as owner :lol:. Robbie Earle’s post match comments were actually cracking “it shouldn’t be a top 6 it should be a top 7 including Newcastle, for a manager to be at Newcastle United and for it to be a question that he might consider going to Leicester sums it all up really, that shouldn’t happen. If this club was even 25% correctly run they’d be up there”.

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

Still buzzing.  Two clean sheets in our last two league games and great games.

Dubravka last night bossed his area.  After a couple of mess up's recently by him it's good to see he hasn't dropped his head.  A couple of great reaction saves too.

Yeah was going to say that about Dubravka, shows great character that he came back from those 2 mistakes he made lately to put in a performance as solid as that. 

Longstaff was immense again he looks like he’s been playing at the top level for 5 years already :lol: Almiron class, Schar class, just about everyone had a great game last night. There’s no reason why we can’t go to West Ham and get 3 points now.

Dubravka caught absolutely everything last night, retaining possession and putting us back on the attack every time. All the football managers on Twitter after Wolves saying he should have punched it (potentially back to a Wolves player who could get another shot in) are full of shite. 

As someone mentioned earlier, if Longstaff is as good as the last couple of months have shown, I’d sell Shelvey in a heartbeat and bring in someone to play alongside him. Hayden will be away this summer. Ki and Diame as cover for Longstaff and an.other. 

7 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye I don’t rate the lad but I’ve no idea why Noelie is complaining about him tonight, Manquillo was solid and kept their young winger quiet first half and Robbie Brady who can be awkward quiet 2nd half. 

Cracking, dominant performance that. By far the better side in every department today. I thought Schar, Dubravka and Hayden had really good games, Longstaff was impressive again. Quite honestly everyone played well tonight. Almiron and Perez really stretch the field and look difficult to play against, although his movement was good Perez is a pretty frustrating player to watch, he gets in really good positions and has the vision to try some really good passes but he quite often misplaced the final ball. 

As as exciting as Almiron is getting Lejeune back and the emergence of Longstaff has been massive for us. If this is Longstaffs level I’d be happy to see Shelvey go in the summer. 

Special word for Tarkowski today btw, what a cunt he is, whiney, and dirty throughout. That stamp action towards Joselu was distasteful imo so I’ll be rooting against him getting further England caps from now on. Also great to see Crouch come on and do absolutely fucking nothing besides pull a bunch of people’s shirts, put in a nasty frustrated kick on Schar then put his elbow across Diame, personally think he deserved a second yellow but not worried since he was shite anyway. 

The worst part is for all this positivity we still have Ashley as owner :lol:. Robbie Earle’s post match comments were actually cracking “it shouldn’t be a top 6 it should be a top 7 including Newcastle, for a manager to be at Newcastle United and for it to be a question that he might consider going to Leicester sums it all up really, that shouldn’t happen. If this club was even 25% correctly run they’d be up there”.

Agreed on all that but especially Burnley’s tactics once they were behind. Crouch was only on 30 seconds before Taylor tried to dive in the middle to win a free kick they could launch it from. Awful, utilitarian, bog standard shite that you’d never expect from a team on the run they were on.

1 hour ago, zerosum said:

As someone mentioned earlier, if Longstaff is as good as the last couple of months have shown, I’d sell Shelvey in a heartbeat and bring in someone to play alongside him. Hayden will be away this summer. Ki and Diame as cover for Longstaff and an.other. 

We now have a midfield that has competition which is raising the bar.  Hayden over the last few games has been pretty solid and again last night him and Longstaff put in a solid shift.

Haydn had a very slow start to the season and it's clear he will be off in the summer like, but think we still need a good competition for places.