West Ham vs Newcastle

ewerk

Just now, Howay said:

What I have liked about him most is that he isn’t against just playing the easy ball. When I first saw him I was worried he would be the type that would try and dribble it past everyone all the time but he’s quite happy to just play the 5 yard pass back to Hayden if he doesn’t think the move is on. 

And he doesn't dally in making a decision. Always decisive and always moves after passing. Well coached, intelligent player.

4 minutes ago, OTF said:

In a game where our end product has been sub-standard here comes Atsu... :lol:

Good centre for Rondon from him there.

31 minutes ago, OTF said:

Ayoze for Muto at some point soon, he'll be eager to impress. So glad we don't have Joselu on the bench.

I’d make that change for the next match (assuming Muto isn’t shite in training).

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

This game has sucked the life out of me 

Yeah, terrible game, we got the ball into dangerous positions routinely but never really looked like scoring.

2.0 chasing the game and he brings a defender on. He's paid how much p.a? 

I hope longstaff was injured and not the scapegoat. 

Atsu I was told has neither scored nor created a goal for nearly 40 games. 

As said above we got into promising positions but delivery was wank. 

Just now, Ugly Mackems said:

2.0 chasing the game and he brings a defender on. He's paid how much p.a? 

I hope longstaff was injured and not the scapegoat. 

Atsu I was told has neither scored nor created a goal for nearly 40 games. 

As said above we got into promising positions but delivery was wank. 

Yee still got the odd spare away ticket Alan? 

Had a right fuck on getting Spurs tickets so let me know for the future.

We keep getting sucked back in to the relegation fight. We don't seem to be able to put clear water between us. Admittedly we're 6 points from the bottom 3 but our next 3 games are...

Everton (h)

Bournemouth (a)

Arsenal  (a)

We need to be picking up points because games like today will eventually end up biting us on the arse.

Not a very inspiring performance in the 1st half, and certainly not very inspirational in the 2nd..

It was a game I thought we would win based on how we had been playing, but we were very disappointing to say the least.

Criticism of Rafa: He should have used Ki and Muto,  Ki for Hayden who was below par today, and Muto for Perez who was accomplishing nowt.

Diame did quite well when he came on for Longstaff.

Schar should have got the ball they scored from.

Stupid penalty give-away in the box.

3 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I'll try my best mate. How's you? 

Aye mate doing canny! Much less aways these days like, rare I go now but Wembley was a canny trip. Just taking the piss out the spurs fans for being Doyles. 

Hope you're well :up: 

26 minutes ago, trooper said:

We keep getting sucked back in to the relegation fight. We don't seem to be able to put clear water between us. Admittedly we're 6 points from the bottom 3 but our next 3 games are...

Everton (h)

Bournemouth (a)

Arsenal  (a)

We need to be picking up points because games like today will eventually end up biting us on the arse.

We’re 6 points ahead of Cardiff, I don’t think they’ll get 6 points between now and April.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

We’re 6 points ahead of Cardiff, I don’t think they’ll get 6 points between now and April.

I hope your right mate then there's the small matter of Rafa staying

18 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

We're safe

To make matters worse Longstaff came off due to a knee injury he sustained in that 50/50 challenge. Apparently left the ground on crutches.

Fuck sake, I guess the hope now is that Shelvey will be back and (if he had any brain at all) be determined to prove himself since Longstaff has done enough from what I’ve seen to push him out the starting line up. I’d still rather Longstaff be fit and playing though. 

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Real shame about Longstaff 

Hopefully it's largely precautionary. Typical Newcastle United to find a way to temper any period of positivity.