West Ham vs Newcastle

ewerk

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

We’ve created sod to be honest which is disappointing. Hope the second half is much better 

It's true, though we have got the ball into dangerous positions routinely it's just that our final balls have been terrible.

They've been better by a distance and they're getting all the calls but most of all we're doing ourselves no favours.

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Poor half that. We’re losing the battle in CM, Rice, Noble, and Lanzini are crowding out Longstaff and Hayden, I’d like to see Schar step out of defense a bit more to keep their 3 a bit further out. 

They've struck the perfect balance of physicality and being soft fannies to draw fouls, with the referee obliging. We need to be a lot better in posession and.... everything else.

• Like 1

This weekend West Ham are us and we are Burnley. They haven't been particularly good, but we've been so poor and rudderless than they're 2-0. Something has to change at half-time. Introduce Diame maybe, Hayden looks well off the pace and is being bypassed. 

Simply put, we're being outplayed.

Their passing is precise and penetrating, ours is sloppy and getting us nowhere.

Never thought we'd be 2 down at half-time, let's hope we have a better 2nd half and pull off a comeback win.

Our bench looks good for a change with Joselulu missing.

7 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

They’ve been a lot better than us.

Have they? They look quite beatable to me. 

We haven’t created anything, but neither have they apart from the goals, which were soft marking then the keeper failing to come out from the corner, and a soft challenge for the pen. 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Perez needs 5 chances for every goal ffs

Absolute gilt edged chance that one. 

Agreed, taking Longstaff off is disappointing but it was the right move with the way the ref has been officiating. 

That sums Ayoze up there, massively frustrating player. He has good movement and is very often in really good positions but then his end product lets him down. 

Edited by Howay

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Perez needs to pack in with the diving too

He does. I like him but it's like Pardew's tactic of hitting Williamson from corners. It literally never works and yet he sticks with it.

Why does Diame think he should shoot every time he got the ball near the box? Every other player was trying to play someone in, meanwhile every time it came to Diame he was trying to shoot despite being probably the least likely to score. 

4 minutes ago, OTF said:

Almiron's attack minded passing is impeccable, always the perfect weight on the ball. Impressive.

What I have liked about him most is that he isn’t against just playing the easy ball. When I first saw him I was worried he would be the type that would try and dribble it past everyone all the time but he’s quite happy to just play the 5 yard pass back to Hayden if he doesn’t think the move is on.