West Ham vs Newcastle

ewerk

13 hours ago, trooper said:

We keep getting sucked back in to the relegation fight. We don't seem to be able to put clear water between us.

Admittedly we're 6 points from the bottom 3

:lol: fucking hell man.

Beaten by the better side yesterday. They defended well, (9 blocks!), and we couldn't get a grip on the midfield. They were both diving shits and dirty cunts, but the penalty was the correct call, as was the freekick that lead to it. So it's not like we were cheated of points or owt. 

Defensively really poor and especially Manquillo and Schar on the right hand side. That right flank is definitely being targeted by opposition managers, which is surprising when we've got a right winger who's a bit of a madhead playing left wing back.

Meh, we're safe, got a fairly soft run in and an away day to Craven Cottage to enjoy on the final day.

Two wins out of nine would probably have us safe. Are Cardiff going to win four and overturn our goal difference? Tbh I'd hope for maybe three wins and a few draws. We'll be alright.

21 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Perez needs 5 chances for every goal ffs

Mitrovic, who you defend, has scored 1 goal per 9.5 shots this season. Just sayin'

Edit: Perez's actual conversion is 1 goal per 8 shots

Edited by TheGingerQuiff
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Mitrovic, who you defend, has scored 1 goal per 9.5 shots this season. Just sayin'

Love stats like that. Where’s it from? I’d like to compare that against other premier league strikers 

Edited by Dr Gloom

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Love stays like that Where’s it from? I’d like to compare that against other premier league strikers 

I used whoscored.com multipled their games played by shots per game and divided by no of goals. Probably an easier way though 

18 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

You and Alex have your own little anti-Mitrovic support group going on. Just sayin' :lol:

Doesn't change the fact that Perez spends more time shanking chances and feigning injury than he does contributing to our attack

It's apples and oranges tbf. If they were both in the same starting XI, being fed balls by the same players then the stats would be comparable. Fulham are fucking woeful though and Mitrovic is feeding on scraps most games, balls launched at his head for 90mins. 

Although you already knew that

You love to kid on I hate you for some reason, J. Perhaps you think it makes you seem more interesting or something. 

I genuinely don’t see how people think Mitrovic and Rondon are the same. He’s like Rondon without the work rate or mobility. Neither are particularly good finishers but it’s obvious to me who gave our set up a better option. I don’t see the point about Fulham because it’s not like we’ve created loads of chances this season in many games. Prior to Almiron coming in I’d be surprised if we created more chances than Fulham. I actually liked Mitrovic at first and defended him and wanted him to do well but he just isn’t a good premier league centre forward imo. He’s probably another one of those players who look too good For the Championship but can’t cut it when they make the step up

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There are two types of people in this world: people who rate Mitrovic and people who know nothing about football.

I’ll trust Rafa’s judgement over yours and Noelie’s :razz: 

The thing about J69 is he's in here defending Mitrovic who has admitted to leaving the club  because he didn't want Rafa telling him to be more mobile, and is calling Shelveys a lazy shit in another thread despite him actually responding positively to Benitez's coaching. He lost a stone in the summer after Benitez took over iirc 

Can we not just agree that Mitrovic isn't the next Ronaldo. Neither is he dog shit. He wasn't a hard enough worker for Rafa's system but he is a decent goal scorer. Given the choice between having Mitro or Rondon in the team then the latter is the obvious choice.

skysports-rondon-salomon-newcastle_45738

skysports-rondon-mitrovic_4573732.jpg?20

• Like 1

If we'd tried again to play a formation to suit Mitrovic we would have been relegated this season too.  I don't necessarily subscribe to any theory that this makes him shite though.  He's just not good enough to cover a team that has a load of average players in it.  I think he could actually do ok for a mid level sort of premier league team.