Corbynites v Toon

Dr Gloom

Dreadful performance tbh, I know they have some good players but they had Mustafi and Papawhatever it is playing a high line and we never exploited that outside of once in the first half. 

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

ARE YOU WATCHING NOELIE?!

Yes I was, and I can attest to a piss poor performance across the board with the possible exception of Dubranka.

So many poor passes throughout, they had so much possession because we kept giving the ball away.

Golden chance to score for Rondon but perhaps he should have went to the other side of the goal or passed to Perez.

Muto should have come on for Perez at half-time.

C'mon Rafa you should have put Shelvey on at some point, and should have yanked Yedlin.

This was our worst game this year. Our passing and decision making were terrible pretty much across the board. Arsenal were very good at pressing, and why wouldn't they be when they were consistently rewarded for it with regaining possession. We should forget about this and move on.

No injuries, no suspensions, Schar will be back next week.

Edited by OTF

The result was to be expected but the performance to go with it was dreadful. Diame is unfortunately back to his old form.

It will be interesting to see how the season will end with five of the last six games being winnable on paper but not with performances like last night.

It's difficult to pick out any one player for a poor performance because on the ball it was pretty much awful across the board.  Lascelles obviously cost us with the second goal and the one worry I have about him is that when he starts doing poorly he really lets it effect him for the rest of the game and his performance gets worse and worse.

I really hope well look to replace Yedlin in the summer as he really does have very little other than immense pace.  

3 hours ago, Isegrim said:

The result was to be expected but the performance to go with it was dreadful. Diame is unfortunately back to his old form.

It will be interesting to see how the season will end with five of the last six games being winnable on paper but not with performances like last night.

Sadly it looks that way, he looked Championship standard at best last night. He actually looked unfit.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

ki and shelvey would be our most creative central midfield pairing but perhaps a bit lacking in the energy department. 

Think diame and Hayden were played because they're more defensively minded than those two, and against a mobile creative team like Arsenal the plan was surely to bog things down a bit. That said, with the high line they were playing, it was crying out for balls over the top for Almiron or even Yedlin to chase onto. And Hayden and Diame are not reliable at that side of the game. Mental, but I think Longstaff would have been my 1st pick had he been fit for this game. He has more energy than Diame, more bothered about defending than Shelvey and he can pick a pass.

Never expected anything from this game, we're shite at Arsenal and they're much much better than us. We'd needed to have been at our best and Arsenal to have an off game to get anything and we weren't and they didn't.

Crystal Palace is a very different problem though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Think diame and Hayden were played because they're more defensively minded than those two, and against a mobile creative team like Arsenal the plan was surely to bog things down a bit. That said, with the high line they were playing, it was crying out for balls over the top for Almiron or even Yedlin to chase onto. And Hayden and Diame are not reliable at that side of the game. Mental, but I think Longstaff would have been my 1st pick had he been fit for this game. He has more energy than Diame, more bothered about defending than Shelvey and he can pick a pass.

Never expected anything from this game, we're shite at Arsenal and they're much much better than us. We'd needed to have been at our best and Arsenal to have an off game to get anything and we weren't and they didn't.

Crystal Palace is a very different problem though. 

Bet of the day against Palace. Their penalty taker to score at anytime. Odds-on I would think. Cheating cockney bastards. 

10 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Bet of the day against Palace. Their penalty taker to score at anytime. Odds-on I would think. Cheating cockney bastards. 

Milivojevic to score at any time is 5/1

Good news that Sakho is out, he's been one of their better players. Could do with Zaha picking up a knock tomorrow night against Spurs, and Wan Bissaka too.

10 hours ago, The Fish said:

Good news that Sakho is out, he's been one of their better players. Could do with Zaha picking up a knock tomorrow night against Spurs, and Wan Bissaka too.

And Townsend

18 hours ago, The Fish said:

If Zaha is missing they usually struggle. Spot on about Sakho. The media have been raving about Wan Bissaka so a serious injury ( out for the rest of the season) against Tottenham would be most wecome. 

21 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

A Batty or a McCreery would help us out defensively in midfield and a  McNamee in central defence would make attackers think twice about entering the box. 

They'd all be sent off in the first five minutes these days unfortunately.

38 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

They'd all be sent off in the first five minutes these days unfortunately.

McNamee within the first 5 minutes. Hunter, Charlton, Bremner, Giles and co shit their fuckin pants on the final whistle after one game at SJP. They refused to go down the tunnel. The ref had to go down and 'ask' Big John to go to the dressing room. Proper black and white hero.