Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace

We need two centre midfielders with some legs, none of ours are very athletic when compared to most other teams, someone like ndidi from Leicester would completely change our team (obviously we won’t be buying him but someone similar)

• Like 1

Zaha. If only we had someone who could entice brainless defenders like Yedlin to tackle in the box without any chance of winning the ball. 

As for outgoing players, I'd shift Shelvey, Diame, Lascelles, Colback,Perez and the Hoss for starters. Then we'd have the problem of an Ashley arse-licker deciding on which of Rafa's targets would be the cheapest options. Unless Rafa is heavily involved in all incoming players he'll not be our manager come August. 

3 hours ago, strawb said:

We need two centre midfielders with some legs, none of ours are very athletic when compared to most other teams, someone like ndidi from Leicester would completely change our team (obviously we won’t be buying him but someone similar)

Aye, in an ideal world, Longstaff would continue to excel on his return but you probably have to be realistic and get two good central midfielders in. A more athletic Diame who can pinch and compete in the middle and another with a good range of passing and half a decent eye for goal would be canny. I’d also flog Shelvey and keep Ki, purely because the former would get you more cash and Ki has a better set piece in him.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Can anyone explain what’s happened to Shelvey? He was last season’s MVP

I don’t know what’s happened to this country when people are using ‘MVP’ :razz: 

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, in an ideal world, Longstaff would continue to excel on his return but you probably have to be realistic and get two good central midfielders in. A more athletic Diame who can pinch and compete in the middle and another with a good range of passing and half a decent eye for goal would be canny. I’d also flog Shelvey and keep Ki, purely because the former would get you more cash and Ki has a better set piece in him.

Was at a talk-in recently and Lee Clark was absolutely raving about Longstaff. It’s just one opinion but he genuinely seemed to think he is going to be a top player

On 8/4/2019 at 12:50, Rayvin said:

What kind of level of team do you think he would end up with in Spain?

He is linked with Valencia and Betis. 

I think for style of play, he could play very well in Betis or Villarreal. Sevilla or Valencia should be an incognite for him. 

20 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Longstaff and Ki.

Diame, Shelvey and Hayden Out.

Probably we get Samaris for free. And we need a creative player or a box to box. Hector Herrera would be perfect but he is 99% near to Atletico de Madrid.

On 10/04/2019 at 08:12, Alex said:

I don’t know what’s happened to this country when people are using ‘MVP’ :razz: 

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT BEYRL!